Fuel Injectors - New vs Rebuilt/cleaned

I need some advice. My car has a leaky injector. It drips gas when the engine is off. The second injector doesn't drip at all. The car is a 92 Buick road master wagon with a 350 TBI with 2 injectors.

I intend to replace both injectors since the car has 165k miles on it.

In reading the group I believe I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a reconditioned/rebuilt/remanufactured injector. The units listed as this are really cleaned with solvents in the hopes of getting all the contamination out of the unit. The cleaning can be good or poor depending on the person who does the work. A cleaned injector will cost me $40. The cleaned injector also comes with the same gaskets and filters as a new unit including a 1 yr warranty. The new injector costs $60 with the same parts and filters.

Should I get 2 cleaned used injectors for $80 or 2 new injectors for $120? What is on the inside of an injector that would break. Anyone got any pictures? Would a new injector be just as good as a cleaned injector?

Thanks for any suggestions - Dan

Reply to
Dan

For the $40 difference, get the new injectors.

If it was a PFI system and you were replacing all eight or a CPI system it would make sense on an older vehicle to use the remanufactured injectors because of the price difference times the number of injectors.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Reply to
Marky