Fuel line leak in 91 Gmc truck

I have been smelling gas around my truck when I park it. I looked underneath and there is a leak right near the top of the fuel tank on a hose connection where the hose goes to the fuel pump. That hose is
crimped onto the pump, which I find to be odd. How the heck do they expect people to take them apart later, wihtout removable hose clamps? The other end going to the line is the same thing, so unless the fuel pump comes with the lines all the way to the engine connected to it, this is a factory job that can not be done at home (at least not the same as original).
Anyhow, I'll replace the hose and use clamps. But I'm puzzled. This is not the line going to the fuel filter, which would be the inlet to the engine, it's another line. Ok, I know on a fuel injection system (which this is), there is a return line. But I have THREE lines to the tank. What the heck is the 3rd one for?
Then to make the repair. I guess the method used is to remove the straps and lower the gas tank, but I know what a pain that is. Someone said to remove the truck box, but that sounds just as hard if not worse. My thought is to take a sabre saw with a metal blade and just cut out a 6 to 8 inch hole in the box, do my repairs and screw a piece of heavy painted sheet metal over the hole as a permanent access panel. That sure beats all the hassle. But before I cut that hole, I thought I would ask if anyone knows a better way to do this.
Even of the tank straps were to come loose easily, how the heck does a person lower the tank without snapping off all those fuel lines? That 10 inch (or so) piece of hose they use is not much flex and wont allow for much space to lower the tank.
If anyone can provide some info about this, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Jimw

Fuel to engine Fuel return Vent to emissions system

Many have done this... If you don't mind a hole in your box, and the htought of rust is not important to you.

Lower enough to disconnect the fuel lines, then drop tank fully.

Do you have a good shop manual? That could be the most useful tool you have!