Fuel Pump Failing? - 91 Chevy Cavalier

Hi I have a 91 chevy cavalier with low milage (90,000kms).
Over the past two weeks I have had a problem that seems to be getting worse.
When I come to a stop or sometimes when turning a corner slowly, the
engine will rev itself and then stall. Sometimes it just seems to work itself out, the rpm gauge jumps up and down a bit then settles down and it doesn't stall, sometimes it helps if I put it in neutral while i'm stopped. But, twice now it has stalled and will not start again (it just stalls right away) unless i keep pressing the gas, at least enough so that the rpms stay up so that it won't stall. It seems like the engine isn't getting enough gas unless I press the gas pedal. I've tried using fuel injector cleaner in the last three tankfulls, which seems to help for a bit but then the problem comes back. Also, the fuel filter was changed 2 days ago, but that didn't help the problem, it stalled again today.
It seems to be getting worse because at first the car would only get this problem if I had been driving it for about an hour, but now it will happen even after only 10 mins. No check engine light or other warning lights have come on while driving, or before it stalls.
Could the car need a new fuel pump?
Thank you very much for any help or information anyone can give me.
JB
canadiancar wrote:

Sounds like the IAC (idle air control) and throttle body need cleaning. Take them off & both at the same time.
I've read that the IAC problem would only happen on a cold engine, not hot. My problem mostly occurs when i've been driving for awhile, all city driving.
canadiancar wrote:

Hmmm... I don't remember ever hearing that before. The IAC is controlled by the ecu and takes into account temp, load, and just about everything else that the ecu measures in order to have a good idle under all conditions. http://www.wellsmfgcorp.com/counterpoints/Counterpoint4_1.pdf
An EGR partially stuck open could do much the same thing though. So could a bad or dirty MAT sensor, MAP sensor, TPS, vac leak, and a bunch of other stuff.
Do you have SES light?
Any codes stored?
More info could help isolate it....
T.

Check your codes, doesnt really sound like a fuel pump prblem to me.. Maybe a vaccum leak. You should have some codes on this one