Fuel Pump wont shut off

I have a 1999 sunfire GT 2.4 l I had a bad motor replaced the motor and hooked everything back up when hooked battery back up fuel pump engages and will not shut off. I unplugged fuel relay and fuel pump
fuse. The fuel pump still continues to flow Im lost I checked the wires
everything looks good but like i said im lost and any help would be appreciated. and to note everything else on car was fine before just had a bad piston so replaced motor. please help on here or send me an e-mail snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Thanks in advance Brian
Thanks in advance Brian

what circuit is feeding it. Apparently the wires that run the fuel pump are connected to an incorrect circuit--maybe 2 connections are reversed? HTH, sdlomi2