Fuelpump fuse keeps blowing

I have a 91 GMC Safari
Every time I try to start the van it blows the fuel pump fuse, any clue what would cause this. Any help would be appreciated.

Bad fuel pump that is drawing too much current maybe? Seems the most logical guess.
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:25:01 -0700, "shannon francoeur"

Try unplugging the oil pressure sender, before starting the engine. If the fuse does not blow replace the sender. Just trust me ;)
A wiring short. GW