gas door release 1995 GranAm

I have a problem with my gas door release cable on my 1995 GrandAm. the cable sticks when I open the release. Not sure if it can be lubricated inside the car release flapon floor, or at the gas cap door. Looks like it
could be difficult to replace with a new cable. Anyone else have the same problem.
thanks odie
"" wrote: > I have a problem with my gas door release cable on my 1995 > GrandAm. the > cable sticks when I open the release. Not sure if it can be > lubricated > inside the car release flapon floor, or at the gas cap door. > Looks like it > could be difficult to replace with a new cable. Anyone else > have the same > problem. > > thanks > odie
Spray WD-40 on the door release latch while someone else works the cable from inside.If this doesnt work then the cable will have to be replaced which takes less than an hour last I remember.

It has been my experience to never use WD-40 to lubricate something. It's good to free it up if it's sticking, but quickly follow that with something else to lubricate it.
I use to use WD-40 to lubricate door hinges and latches, it wasn't long before I reaslized how much WD40 is more of a cleaner than a lubricator. Now I use industrial chain oil with moly or straight 5W-30 engine oil.
Steve