Gas gauge problems

Hello all, My 2003 Silverado has an intermittant problem with the gas gauge. The dealer told me to use higher test gas, I did and it still intermittantly shows empty on a full tank.
Any suggestions...short of dropping the tank and replacing the sender unit. Thank you, Chuck
Chuck wrote:

You did not by chance get some of that bad shell gas earlier this year did you that had water in it? It sounds like water on the sending unit. You could try a couple of bottle of dry gas or gasoline antifreeze to see if it will dry it out, otherwise it is time to drop the tamk if that does not work.
--

www.thesnoman.com

I got a couple of bad tanks of gas in my Bonneville while travelling last winter and as SnoMan suggests, I added gas-line antifreeze. Problem solved.
My 2000 Silverado has been doing this for two years. Once I use about a quarter of a tank it would be fine until I filled it again, however, it has started to get worst in the last several months and now does it on and off even at 1/2 a tank.
Al Bottoms Up Divers

"...

unit.
Hi, I also have an 03 Silvarado 2500 HD ... I had that problem once, and than I had a complete failure of the fuel pump recently, It was still on warranty, so they replaced both the pump and the sending unit , while they had the tank dropped. Kevin Davis