Gas guzzler graveyard

Gas guzzler graveyard http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/autos/0805/gallery.truck_based_suvs/index.html

--
Civis Romanus Sum

Higher oil prices and lower house prices has brought big car sales to a standstill. Too many people were too greedy at the sametime and the foresight in what might happen with spending on big cars has led to this pileup. Will this be the final nail in GMs coffin or are more needed? There sure are many nails on the way. GM had so much wealth which the bosses are moving into their own pockets now. How many more stupid mistakes will they be able to do before the coffers are empty?

Well - since GM offers more models of cars that get over 30 mpg than any other manufacturer, I doubt they'll roll over too soon. They offered SUV's while people demanded them and were willing to pay for them. Now, they'll continue to cut back on those and continue to move the higher mpg vehicles - which they already have in their fleet. It will be a simple shift for them. While fuel was cheaper, people didn't care to buy as many of the higher mileage vehicles, but that did not stop GM from including them in the fleet. Now they are well positioned to capitalize on that fleet.

Such profound rhetoric.

An ongoing problem at GM - that and the high cost of labor. These two factors will have more to do with their health than anything else.

Stupid mistakes? Like developing and offering the largest selection of 30+mpg cars available?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Jim Higgins turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/autos/0805/gallery.truck_based_suvs/index.html
Wow, that sucks.
Glad I don't have a Full Size SUV. I prefer my mid-size Avalanche.