Gas Smell From 98 Venture

Hi - my venture has 91,000 miles on it - now that it is warmer outside and we can drive with the window down a strong gas smell comes into the car - it doesn't happen when we have the windows up and the air
conditioning on
In general terms is an increasingly stronger gas smell caused by the O2 sensor going? - the van is running fine otherwise - there is no change in gas mileage or performance
Raw gas smell is just that, a leak of fuel or fumes from the evap system, the tank, fuel filter, an injector or lines, you need to have a qualified tech check the fuel and evap system thoroughly. It only takes a very slight leak to generate the odor.

Unfortunately I had a similar problem 2 weeks ago with my Montana van, it was the fuel line leak and they had to get the parts from US to Canada and cost me a few hundreds to get it fixed.
Good luck with yours,
Simon

No.
It sounds like you have a leak in the fuel lines somewhere.
John
Well put, John. I'd add that if you smell gas but can't find it leaking then the leak is likely up near the top of the tank where fumes are abundant. Bend and squeeze all the hoses in that area and one will likely crack in your fingers. GW