gas tank noise - normal?

It's my 2001 Impala bought a few months ago from dealer.
Following a complete stop, sometimes I can hear a thumping noise. Took it back to dealer, I was told the noise is from gas tank, and it's normal when
gas is about half full.
I used a few other cars, old or new, never got this. Does this happen to all Chev cars?
Simon
Haven't heard of any noise issue's. But with a plastic gas tank that is half full and a hard stop that could throw the fuel forward I could see why you would be hearing a different type of sound.
In time you'll get used to it and won't even notice it. My New noisey fuel pump was like that when first installed. Now I don't even hear the whiiiiiiirrrrrrrring nosie it makes.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 326 miles_~_~_
Not a GM feature. Many cars with plastic tanks today make noise with the gas sloshing around. My Honda Odyssey does also.

when
all

Not familar with this model but gass tanks have bffles in them to prevent this sort of thing. You may have a broken baffle. Check the outside of the tank for damage. Does it sound like something clunking around in there or just gas sloshing.
This is off the topic but still on topic.
You never really think of the gas movement in a half filled tank but I can tell first hand a fire truck returning from fire with a half full tank can really cause the driver problems when stopping. This was years ago but the department I was on had a 1950 American La France that held 500 gallon. As you stopped it felt like someone was pushing you all of a sudden. After it happened to me the first time I started to if possible fill the tank or drain it before going back to the barn.

it