Gas up 16 cents overnight

Chicago Suburbs. Sunday night $1.99 regular Monday night $2.15 regular
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey
_~_~_~293,100 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
Harry - It gone up here too in Nevada its now $2.16 gal for Regular, $2.37 Gal for Premium... 2.44 gal for regular if you buy on the las vegas strip/ Brian - Las Vegas, NV

Since last Wednesday, regular $1.869 Mapco Express, Gallatin Rd, Madison, TN. Mapco seems to have a station every other block all over the Nashville area. Depending on the neighborhood, the price of regular will vary 5 cents either way from some nebulous middle. Mid grade will be 7 cents higher and high test another 8 cents generally capping at $1.999.
$4.18/gal average price ... in Europe. Own an american car is an expensive "way of life" in France.
:-)
--
Christophe SALVAING

Web site : http://christophe.salvaing.free.fr
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:20:24 +0200, "Christophe Salvaing"

Owning an American Car in Europe is equivalent to buying a European sports car as a working farm vehicle in the US. Impractical & horrendously expensive. Though they are fun conversation pieces.
PLEASE please tell me you bought the AMC Pacer during a Mike Myers phase & that you no longer own it..... That GM rotary Engine project gone wrong should never have been sold (speaking from experience)

Year after year american production is very close to european (accept pickup and large SUV)

My wife owned this Pacer and we sold it 2 years ago.It a classic car now. In late seventy this car have a great suscces in France because of its design close to Raymond Loewy (Avanti ...) and Italian designer. Skyrocket gas price and bad reliability (because of Renault owner ?) had killed the importation.
Christophe
Here come the Toyota Prius era ...

"Christophe Salvaing" wrote in message news:

Yeah right. Even at today's prices it would take years to recoup the difference in cost between one of those ugly things and an average economy car. By then it will be ready for the junkyard.
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 01:06:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

Vote Haliburton or the price goes higher !
Harry Face wrote:

Gas should be around $3.50 per gallon in the near future. SUV's will be pretty cheap then. Get a Honda Civic now while they are still affordable.
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 03:40:11 GMT, " Paul " <"

Honda? Honda?? PU~HLEEZE.
If Gas hit's $3.50 a gallon in the US GM will bring their good diesels from Europe. Fast, Safe, reliable, fuel efficient. All the things that most North American GM's aren't.
Besides... There's Billions of cubic Meters of Natural gas in the world & many cars can be retro fitted. Save the civics for the young organ donors.
Just my $0.02
PS not that there's anything wrong with overpriced civic's if you're into that kind of thing.
$1.83/gal reg unlead in Oklahoma

Please forget the Diesel engine. In Europe because of micro particules (even with spcific catalic converter) it causes of lung cancer and asthma increasing . Compare Tokyo and Paris building : first are clean and second black. It's only because in Japan Diesel engine dont exist.
Just my 0.016 euro :-)
Christophe
Boys and Girls can you say Thank you George W Bush?

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:56:08 -0400, "Tim or Linda"

Ok... here goes..
Thank you Mr GWB Sir.
Please sir, may I have more unemployment & expensive fuel?
"Tim or Linda snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net>" <lt<dot> wrote in message

How so? Did Bush cause 10 or more hurricanes in the first 45 days of the season, wrecking oil platforms in the Gulf? Did Bush, who has only been in office about 45 months, prevent refineries from being built for the last 30 years? Remember, there are the same number of refineries but the number of automobiles has doubled over that time. Did Bush hold guns at the heads of buyers to make them buy SUVs the sizes of houses?
Tim or Linda, whichever, you're sadly lacking in logic but have an over supply in partisanship.
--
The Second Amendment ...
America's Original Homeland Defense

You know, we figured out that producing another 2 million barrels of oil a day would drop oil prices about $50 (right now worldwide we use about 80 million barrels a day and oil has an elasticity rating of .05..so 2.5 (the percentage of 80 that 2 is)/x=.05 with x being the price change..) and soon after gas prices would follow. Now, we have roughly 570 million barrels of oil in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Granted some of the oil has been "loaned with interest", but only for a bit around September 24th. Bush is the one that can open up the reserves so that the refineries can get to them and he's the one that can order it to be filled (which he did in November 01...to the 700 million barrel capacity).
You also make it sound that since the refineries where built they've stayed the same but in reality they haven't. They've been upgraded and they'll continue to be upgraded. But then you also forgot that since Europe mainly uses diesel they have gas to spare..and guess what..that comes over here. But then since gas has an inelastic rating where if they pumped out more gas the price would fall quite a bit and the companies would lose some profit even though they sell more gas (gas's elasticity rating is .97 or .96, I can't remember which). The shareholders aren't going to like that.
And no, Bush didn't hold guns to their heads, he just gave business owners big tax rebates when they bought them. I read somewhere that a couple bought a Toyota Land Cruiser and after the rebate they only ended up paying about $35k on a $56k SUV since they also use it for non-business purposes. You'd be crazy to not take up an offer like that.
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:57:53 -0500, "Kent Finnell"

Let's try this: Greater tax breaks for trucks over 6000 LBS. Hmmm Does Hummer & Caddy fit into that? (there's your SUV motivation).
Did Bush's aid's I tell Iraq before Gulf war 1 that "the US doesn't intend to interfere with the policies & behaviours of the Middle east"? I think I recall something like that.
Did Bush Quit chasing Osama to go after Saddam & the elusive WMD Leading to greater middle east instability? Did Bush & Clinton encourage US jobs to move to China thus spurring their dramatic increase in consumption of oil? yup Did Bush roll back some CAFE requirements? I believe so. Did Bush & Cheney go easy on the oil industries allowing them to run antiquated machinery? Yup. Has The Bush Whitehouse (preceded by the Clinton Whitehouse) been lax in collecting the Fines imposed on Exxon for the Valdez spill? yep Has money been diverted from useful energy programs into useless Ethanol from corn program? yep Have energy efficiency requirements been allowed to go by the wayside? yep
Shall I go on?
PS I'm not Anti- Bush. (I don't like his policies but I think he's a puppet so I'm not really against him personally). I just think that if you've read the energy article in Fortune Magazine this month you'd have seen an alternate course of action that might help the US be more independent, not less.
PS if I recall the 1997 Lincoln Town Car got the same fuel economy as the 1977 Pinto. Progress can be beneficial if it is guided by people with foresight. not (as John Stewart said) 20/20/ blind sight

Well see its complicated, Bush invaded Iraq, and pissed off 99% of the middle east, who are, for the majority, Arabs, now the Arabs have been praying to Allah to wreck havok on america, who then asked his good golf buddy Poseidon, king of the Seas, to send a few Hurricanes our way, so yes, its pretty much Bush's fault.
Tim or Linda <lt wrote:

The G. W. Bush guy is nothing but a poster boy, it's the criminals he works for the trashy politicians and BeauRats behind him you should thank, Thank them by refusing to pay anymore INCOME TAX. follow this URL http://www.detaxcanada.org and/or http://www.taxrefusal.com or in USA > http://www.taxableincome.net
and here is some interesting reading > http://www.lectlaw.com/def/i071.htm ) Even more than all of this is keeping in tune with energy resources News group at yahoo.groups.energyresources BTW you have to register and wait for approval by next day usually.