gasket part number??

can one of you in the know give me the lower intake gasket part number for the redesigned set...99 /3.1/ lumina.............kjun

Reply to
Kjun

FEL-PRO PERMA DRY PLUS

MS 98003T

----------------------------------------- GM Numbers

89017279 Gasket Kit

11609991 Bolts

11588915 Bolts
Reply to
anon

snipped-for-privacy@idirect.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

thanks 'anon'...i will follow up this with my aftermarket supplier....i see you prescribed bolts.....GM does not call for bolt replacement on this model.....reason for prescription?..........kjun

Reply to
Kjun

innews: snipped-for-privacy@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

GM says you must install upgraded manifold bolts with preapplied threadlocker (Part No. 11588915, short bolts; Part No. 11588914, long bolts) to get the benefits of the new gaskets sealing qualities. New torque specs and a new tightening sequence for the bolts are also on the menu (see illustration).

anon

I don't believe that GM calls for the new bolts on 99's. If you happen to be able to get them, by all means install them, but it's not absolutely necessary. Even when GM first released the new style gasket and the accompanying bulletin, the bolts were unavailable. GM stated to simply clean the old bolts and use loctite (which is what you always were supposed to do). So until the bolts became available, this was the method used. This went on for a period of months before the new bolts were available.

The new bolts simply come with the loctite pre-applied and no longer use a washer under the head, but have a pre-applied lubricant/sealer under the head of the bolt.

It's basically intended to idiot-proof the process. If you were/are already cleaning and applying loctite to your bolts, that would be sufficient.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai