gasket terminology

Upon inspecting an intake gasket set for sale, I saw the following (1987-1989 2.8L 173 VIN W)
1 EA RTV SEALANT 1 EA O RING 1 EA THROTTLE BODY 1 EA RIGHT AND LEFT PLENUM INTAKE MANIFOLD
1 EA INTAKE VALLEY PAN
I am a little confused about the INTAKE VALLEY PAN, is this another name for the lower intake gasket? ie. the one that always leak on these engines? Now a day when I see these things go on sales I will just stock up. So far the intake on my car (1988 ciera 2.8L V6) is still ok but judging all the posting on here about how these engines sooner or later pull an internal leak on you. I guess its just prudent.
By the way, if the package has been opened but the gaskets themselves are still new, unused (they claim) its still ok right?