Gasoline Cold Turkey Day

Well, trying to go 'cold turkey' on driving is a lesson in awareness for me. It is much like going on a diet, I guess, or trying to stop smoking.

Today I will use my bicycle when I can, and perhaps bum rides from friends if I have no other choices (I suppose this is in the spirit of the day).

The Arabs can drink the ca 10 gallons of gasoline I will save today.

Reply to
<HLS

I got a ride from a co-worker. Sadly, there is no public transportation to take so we are forced to drive the 52 mile round trip. I'd rather sit back and read the paper on a train a few days aw week if it was available.

I didn't see anything on the news about the big "gas out" so I imagine it did not go over well or was not publicized enough.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Probably not, Ed, but I appreciate and respect the fact that you were a good sport to go along with this.

Actually, I enjoyed getting back on my mountain bike. At age 65, I still have a little stamina left. (Moreso than some of the lardbound teenagers, I might imagine!)

Reply to
<HLS

Biking 52 miles a day is a bit much for me. I used to do it when I was 3 miles from work. Following up on my earlier comment about the news, the local NBC station did say it was "Bike to Work" week and had a little spot. If we all did it enough, it could make a difference.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski