General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again

General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again http://tinyurl.com/8pqrqk5

--
"The king of Israel answered, "Tell him: 'One who puts on his armor
should not boast like one who takes it off." 1 Kings 20:11
Jim_Higgins wrote:

The article appears to be a four page ad for Volkswagon. Writer is obviously a VW shill. I rent at least 2 cars every month for work. The third to last was a 2012 Passat. IMO, it was a poorly designed, cheaply made, fragile piece of junk. It could not handle South Texas highways. I have not yet rented a 2013 Maliby but I liked the 2012 Malibu, except for the very poor dash display.
OTH, I just got back from South Texas, again, this time in a Chevy Captiva. I did not like it. Hearing protection is mandatory.
My all time fav rentals are Ford products.
On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:35:30 -0500, Paul in Houston TX

Rented a Hyundai Sonata in 2006 and was impressed. Bought a 2007, a 2010, and last week got my 2013 with the 2.O liter turbo and every option they have.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

My own car is a 2006 Kia Spectra. I have not found any car as good as that one yet. Within the last two months I have rented a 2012 Sonata and 2012 Elantra. Both have superb exterior styling. Hyundai really has that down. I was not impressed with the interiors though. Example: my 06 Kia has visors that extend, the new Hyundai's do not and leave annoying gaps that let the sun through. IMO, interiors have gotten cheaper in quality compared to my 06. The Sonata did not do very well in South Texas. It got a broken windshield from a few drops of rain while the air temp was over 109. Then the right front wheel cracked. Fortunately it gave vibration warning. I liked the Elantra better than the Sonata although I thought both were underpowered. Keep in mind that these are fleet rental types.
On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 21:05:52 -0500, Paul in Houston TX

I have the Limited so the interior is better. I also opted for the turbo with 274 HP. The stated 0 to 60 time is 5.8 seconds, faster than many muscle cars of the past.
My other two were the V-6 no longer offered. I was debating the engine, but you comment makes me glad I went with the turbo and the extra 76 hp over the regular 4 cylinder.