general motors - STUPID, GREEDY UAW MEMBERS LOST $58 BILLION IN '98 STRIKE! But Threaten To Walk Out Again!

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

You sir, have zero credibility.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Kind of like the union guys that have been building this junk.

On Sep 20, 1:19 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Sorry. I responded to the wrong MIKE!!!!

It happens.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

That was the point of my comment.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

If I ever have a GM product that dies at 100000 miles, I will not trade it, I'll SHOOT it. (for what its worth).
I was just at a Ford plant in Mexico, they get paid 42.2 pesos per hour (about $4.20), the cars still cost 300,000 pesos ($30,000). The make the Fusion, Milan, and Zepher. This facility is better than any place I have been in the states. It looks more like a Honda plant, they bring coils of steel in one end of the plant and run a car out the other. I haven't seen a Ford plant in the states do that! There is a whole lot less trucking of parts in these facilities and these plants have all the newest equipment. This is similar to what I've seen a Honda, Nissan, and Toyota. No wonder the "big three" have been blown out of the water!! Toyota is paying similar wages to GM and Ford, but the plants are just ran smarter. That is what the guys in the office with the big salaries need to figure out and make happen in the "big three".

-
Make one wonder why the average Japanese vehicle cost 20% or 30% MORE than a comparable sized and equipped GM vehicle doesn't it LOL
mike