Geo engine replacement questions

Hi

I have a 95 Geo Metro 1.0 L 3cyl. It burns oil. I have a lead on someone selling a good working 98 engine. I won't put it in myself, but I would like to buy the engine and hire the job out.

My questions are: 1) Will a 96 work in a 95? 2) Is there an issue if the engine comes from an automatic car to be installed in manual?

Thanks RT.

Reply to
RTS

Have you checked into the cost of a rebuild? You would have no worries about compatibility and hopefully would know you have a fresh engine.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

Same answer as you got on rec.autos.tech

Reply to
HLS