geo metro problem

I just rebuilt my Geo metro and am having a problem with oil collecting in the valve cover and pumping into the throttle body. Every time I warm it up
this happens, as well as intermittently while driving. I know this happens when you need rings changed, but I did a complete overhaul on the engine and still have the problem. Any suggestions?
Yer probably gonna flame the shit outta me for this...but what the hell would ever possess you to rebuild a metro? Sounds like a lot of work for little return on investment...

WTP07 wrote in alt.autos.gm

Not everyone looks at owning a car as a pure money matter. But here is a list of some very real reasons to rebuild a metro. 1. He really likes the car, and will not find another one as nice as his. 2. He will not be able to buy a car as good as the metro for 5 times the cost of the rebuild. 3. He will not be able to buy a car that gets as good gas mileage as his for 5 times the cost of the rebuild. 4. He wants to keep the car for many more years.
--
Dick #1349
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:58:19 GMT, "Steve Cali"

clean filter & working PCV valve. Make sure that you've got the correct dipstick in the vehicle and that you're not over filling the oil causing the crank to aerate the oil.
PS to the other posters. If one isn't concerned about the risk of an accident there's virtually nothing on the road that can touch a well maintaned geo metro for $ per mile.
Thanks for the constructive feedback. I will recheck the oil level, but the other suggestions have already been ruled out. And the reason for rebuilding the geo metro?
-the cheapest convertible anyone will ever own. -41 city/50 highway (unless you like paying for gas, this is a good thing) -this is the ninth metro convertible I've rebuilt and the payback is about 600 percent. Try getting that in a bank.
If anyone else has any feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I remember back in '89 when the Chevy Sprint was replaced by the Metro, a rather large co-worker/buddy of mine bought a brand new white 2 door Metro -- the base one. His wife was about 400 pounds, and his teenage daughter and son were both corpulent also. I always marveled at how that tiny one liter 3 cylinder was able to haul them around. Had to be 1300 pounds of homo sapien in that little Suzuki. It looked like it was a lowrider when all 4 were in it.