Geo Metro shifting problems

I have a 1993 Geo Metro 5 speed.
The other day it was icy outside. I was driving home from work. A couple cars in front of me were stopped. I couldn't stop. To avoid
rear ending the cars I swerved to the right, hit the curb and ended up on the grass beside the road.
Luckily I didn't hit anybody. I thought all was good, but I couldn't shift into 2nd. I drove home in 1st. Here's the deal. I can push the clutch in, shift into 1st, 3rd, and 5th. I can't go into 2nd, 3rd or Reverse. Basically I can go into all the gears that require me to push the stick up, but none of the gears that I need to push the stick down.
Is my transmission ruined or is there something I can try?

I would get underneath the car and look for bent members. Sounds like the linkage is bent or perhaps something else got bent and is interfering with the shift linkage. Always pays to look first.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net