Geo Prizm problem

Hello,
I have a 1990 Geo Prizm. Lately, I have noticed 2 issues:
(1) At low speeds and uneven road surface the car makes a squeaking noise while moving. When I brake the noise stops. It is a continuous
squeaking noise.
(2) When I turn my steering completely on one side and bring it back, I hear a click noise, just one click.
Any ideas??

Ball joints would be a good place to start.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Hello,
How does one know whether to replace a ball joint or just to tighten it? i.e when to repair and when to replace?

A mechanic can tell you, but 98% of the time they are worn out and not loose.

When they wear you replace them. There is no adjustment to a ball joint.