Gm 2.5 ingnition

Hello,I am working on a engine swap, installing 1988 2.5 in a 1991 grand am. Can I put the coil pack on the 1988 and remove the distribitor? and is there any other differeces besides the oil filter
location
In article
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

This makes no sense. A 1988 passenger car 2.5 wouldn't have a distributor to begin with. Either way, the distributor equipped 2.5 wouldn't accept the DIS ignition because there would be no crankshaft position sensor. If you have a 1988 2.5 with a distributor, I highly suspect that it's a RWD truck motor or some such which means the engine will not mate to the transmission...
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I suspect you engine is a Gen 1 longitudinal engine. It will not work with a transverse transmission.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If the oil filter is wrong and it has a distributer, you have the wrong engine to begin with. What did it come out of?
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York