GM 3400

Does anyone have any evidence that GM has resolved the lower intake manifold gasket leaks. I am going to replace my 99 Venture and have always liked Chevrolets. I haven't had the problem yet but only have 37000 miles. I sent a request for information to my dealers service manager but never received a reply. So is there any real evidence the problem is fixed?

Reply to
BillW

This has been going on for years..I had a 1986 Buick Century, I bought new and had a 3.8 SFI specially ordered for it. I loved the engine and car, until the intake manifold start leaking, it was changed, not once but twice! This was done at my Buick dealership. Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol

didnt they design a new intake manifold gasket?

Reply to
Paradox

From what I have heard on the Internet is that GM started using the "redesigned" lower intake manifold gaskets sometime during November of 2002. So early 2003 models might have the old style gasket set yet. The jury is out whether the new gasket set will prevent the same problems.

Reply to
Mike

A & C

And how did you " Specially " order a Century with a 3800 engine ?

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,800 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Because back in those days, the the Fuel Injected 3.8 was a rarity to find on the dealer lot, all they had was the Iron Duke, 4cyl. I guess I shouldn't have said "SPECIAL" But it was hard to find a Station Wagon, with a 3.8 SFI. Sorry i said SPECIAL. I had the fastest Century wagon in the county! Went like hell, dripping oil behind it. Trany with out t440, another GM problem, rack and pinon steering developed LAZY steering, it had to be replaced. Many problems with the emission system, but that is all in the past. We now all drive Accords. There all five in the family, and they were are bought new , starting in 1996. None have ever been back for troubles,most have over 100,000 miles.I just wish that the emblem on the front of my Accord said built by GM.... Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol