GM 3800 Series II Engine Alternator Replacement Guide

I recently had to swap out the old OEM alternator on my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I'm sure most of you could replace an alternator with your eyes closed but I took pictures of the process and wrote up a quick guide for the new owners.

The procedure should be very similar on every car that has the GM 3800 Series II engine.

Here's the guide -

I hope it helps some of you to save a bit of money. This was my first time replacing an alternator and it only took about an hour.

Cheers, Paul Michaels Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Reply to
Paul Michaels