GM Advertising Is Insane

Page 3 of 3
wrote in message

80 uses different sized gallons. ;) **** My bad.. Should have known he was on Imperials.
wrote in message

No, you shouldn't have, because I use the same measurements as you. Everything I said above is true. You and I have been over this before. Do a google search, and you will see that 30+MPG on the 3800 Series II is very common.
wrote in message

We never got close to that, Knight. We could get about 26 mpg on the highway. This was a 1998 LeSabre, Series II, and these were repeatable measured values.... I dont know why it got so much less than yours.
wrote in message

Mine were Bonneville's, so the only thing I can think of is perhaps the transmission gearing was different. Even my current supercharged 1997 Bonneville (and my previous 1996 supercharged Bonneville) usually get between 26 and 29 MPG on the highway.
The reference to the Series II recall was reported in the following link: http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE53D31P20090414
It was for fire hazard.
wrote in message

Ah yes, that recall. Unfortunately, GM didn't see fit to include the Bonneville's in the recall. Last year, my 1996 Bonneville burnt to the ground.

--Vic
wrote in message

That was never figured out. It definitely started under the hood, but beyond that, I haven't a clue. GM told me it wasn't there problem, and there was no recall on my car. That, and even if it was due to the parts involved in the recall, those parts were completely gone.
hls wrote:

That was dates April 2009, did GM honor it or welch on bankruptcy?

Unfortunately I'm with you on VW. I'm very interested in their 2.0L new diesel, but from what I've read they still have body quality issues.
A friend has a several year old Golf that was built in South America, it has body quality problems. They are partly design problems. Perhaps their new plant in the USA will improve things.