GM and Chrysler

Page 2 of 2
wrote in message

I think it depends greatly on where you live. I think I know exactly 2 people who drive vehicles that aren't American, everyone else drives GM (a couple of Ford's and Dodge's in there too). We build GM's, Ford's, and Chrysler's here, so we know they are good cars. That Chevy Impala your friend or relative just purchased was actually built only a few minutes from my house, at GM's Oshawa, Ontario plant, which happens to be one of the highest rated plants in the world. The plant has won 19 J.D Power awards since 1999, and was even awarded the Founder's Award in 2008. Also, Harbor Consulting rates Oshawa's #1 plant (the car plant) as the second most efficient in North America, only being beat by the Oshawa #2 (truck) plant. We also build the Camaro, so you know there has to be something good to it ;)
When the national news implied a "fire sale" at Chrysler dealers, I looked into the Chrysler PT Cruiser.
But first, a check at EDMUNDS car reports. The PT cruiser.... dated design and features, 21 mpg out of a 4 banger engine, Sounds like a car they designed, then stopped improving. Then, the base price..... $21 GRAND $
It might have sold at half the price, but when you look at the competition in that price range, it's easy to see why Chrysler's in trouble.
On Mon, 18 May 2009 08:50:38 -0400, "80 Knight"

It will be 1/2 price by fall, maybe less. While the dealers are trying to keep their inventory low, it is so they don't get stuck too bad. Behind that, there are tons of unsold all around. Usually in a field somewhere as the dealers didn't buy them.
Most will get auctioned off.
But at only 21 MPG, why not buy a real truck like a F150. Nearly as good milleage, big V8 for lots of power and reliability and they will likely be in business for awhile yet.
But if someone were to insist on a GM or Chrysler, I would be looking for 40% off of MSRP, warranty in writing backed by the government; cash and GOOD credit is king. And there is not a shortage of inventory, just qualified buyers are scarce. Will be 50% off by fall.

On Mon, 18 May 2009 17:48:20 -0400, "80 Knight"

At no time did I say I was a Bush Republican !!
You don't like the message, so you attack the messenger ?
My main point was that; The Cruiser was overpriced, and that in that price range, there's alot better choices. there's a helluva lot better

Who in the hell mentioned anything like that? "Americans like you" translates to "Bush Republicans?" OK, whatever.

I don't see it like that.

So buy one of the "better" choices and stop wasting bandwidth. Nobody here cares what you choose to buy and drive.
If you're happy with your purchase, great. That's all that matters.
What concept here is so difficult for you to grasp?
--
Rick

email: http://tinyurl.com/562c52

No, no, you mistake what I meant. I meant that you are an illiterate moron, as has been demonstrated by your rash of terrible post's over time.

It isn't that I didn't like the message, it was that the message was a lie. A base PT Cruiser does not start at $21,000 (they start at $18,720), and they don't get 21 MPG, they get 26 MPG. As for your comments about it's design, that is a matter of opinion, and nothing more.

If you were that interested in a PT Cruiser, what the hell do you consider to be a similar vehicle? As for price range, though I am not a fan of the PT, I have driven one for a couple of weeks, and actually enjoyed it. I consider the price to be fair, but it would be nice if they could get more power out of that engine.

Slightly off topic, the local Chrysler dealership apparently does something right. They sell TONS of cars (and were not on the kill list) in this small community. This has to be due to good prices and easy financing, since these cars are not really known for their quality.

Kudos to them. It sounds like they deserve to survive and I hope they do.
Everyone wins with a fair price and a fair shake at financing. More dealers should behave like they do.