GM and Ford to Merge!!!!

I heard something on the news Fri about GM and Ford talking about a merge...anyone else hear that?

Reply to
Tyrone Pookie Berkowitz Jr

yes, this is going to happen. GM and Ford will be merging in the next month or so. it is all worked out. they are dropping the duramax and Navistar diesel engines, and the vortec and triton gas engines. the trucks are going to be offering only one engine. the new cummings 8.9 liter computer controlled diesel.

the only thing they have to do is figure out the new company name.

2 have been offered so far, Fordolet, and Chevord.

there are more changes, but we are not allowed to leak them yet.

Reply to
Tom

Interesting concept.. The Feds would have to approve it, I am relatively certain, but who has really been held to task for compliance with the laws in recent years.

Lykke til!

Reply to
<HLS

No and were not likely too either. One will eat the other but not likely. The only mergers will be on the road where someone doesn't give way.

Reply to
Jonno

talking and doing are 2 different things, last I heard GM was going to buy Chrysler. Maybe next year GM will be the only American mfr, well except for Saturn.

Reply to
Max Power

Saturn is GM

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

ok, then next year nothing but GM's

Reply to
Max Power

Chevordsler once they finalize the Chrysler deal.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Tom

Einstein, Saturn is part of GM.

Plus, there really is no "American" manufacturer. The auto companies are all global operations, the vast majority with operations on five or six continents.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

so then there's also no foreign ones, they all pretty much run global operations. I know Chrysler and Ford have had plants in Mexico and Canada so the American, or I mean Detroit founded companys at least keep it intercontinental, or do they have plants in Europe?, not counting other companys they own. I suppose the euro spec Focus isnt being built here and shipped over so they probably do have a plant over there.

Reply to
Max Power

This is true of the big-3. Most of the operations of Diamler Chrysler outside the US come from the DiamlerBenz part of the corporation, especially in Europe. But Jeep and other Chrysler divisions had some sales in Europe and Asia. I don't recall if they had any plants or anything there. Ford and GM both have large operations in Europe. Ford and GM, are #3 and #4 in sales in Europe. Ford has large sales of Ford vehicles in Europe, as well as Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar and Aston Martin. Astin Martin has been sold. GM has owned Opel and Vauxhall for ages. These are the major European brands of GM. They also sell Chevy's and Saabs in Europe.

Ford, GM and DC are moving into Eastern Europe and Asia. These and Latin America are the emerging markets where there is growth. Europe and US sales are actually falling a bit, although Europe and NA are where the auto companies make most of their money (well except DC, Ford and GM, where they lose most of their money).

So it is not that the auto companies get parts overseas, but that they sell lots of cars overseas.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The ghost of British Leyland rides across the heartland ....

Reply to
John Horner

Wouldn't it make more sense that Chrysler and Ford joined forces, so as to maintain a certain equality between GM and the new entity? GM + Ford would be too big for Chrysler to compete against them. That is IF Daimler gets rid of them. Sorry if this is not well formulated. English is not my mother tongue.

Reply to
Bassplayer12

Aston Martin sold back to the Brits by FORD Now if they brought them down to my price I may buy one. Thorough useless shopping cart though. Do they make them in a utility vehicle? I could really get to my customers fast then.

Reply to
Jonno

I heard today that the Chinese are going to resurrect MG..."Mature Gentleman"

Reply to
<HLS

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:45:47 -0400, a rock fell the sky, hitting Tyrone Pookie Berkowitz Jr on the head, and inspiring the following:

It happened this morning.

I was getting on the 60 freeway and merged right in front of a F-350 diesel.

Eventually, I had a mustang merge in front of me.

Reply to
PerfectReign