GM and Ford to Merge!!!!

I heard something on the news Fri about GM and Ford talking about a merge...anyone else hear that?

yes, this is going to happen. GM and Ford will be merging in the next month or so. it is all worked out. they are dropping the duramax and Navistar diesel engines, and the vortec and triton gas engines. the trucks are going to be offering only one engine. the new cummings 8.9 liter computer controlled diesel.
the only thing they have to do is figure out the new company name. 2 have been offered so far, Fordolet, and Chevord.
there are more changes, but we are not allowed to leak them yet.

Interesting concept.. The Feds would have to approve it, I am relatively certain, but who has really been held to task for compliance with the laws in recent years.
Lykke til!
Tyrone Pookie Berkowitz Jr wrote:

One will eat the other but not likely. The only mergers will be on the road where someone doesn't give way.
talking and doing are 2 different things, last I heard GM was going to buy Chrysler. Maybe next year GM will be the only American mfr, well except for Saturn.

Saturn is GM
ok, then next year nothing but GM's

so then there's also no foreign ones, they all pretty much run global operations. I know Chrysler and Ford have had plants in Mexico and Canada so the American, or I mean Detroit founded companys at least keep it intercontinental, or do they have plants in Europe?, not counting other companys they own. I suppose the euro spec Focus isnt being built here and shipped over so they probably do have a plant over there.

Wouldn't it make more sense that Chrysler and Ford joined forces, so as to maintain a certain equality between GM and the new entity? GM + Ford would be too big for Chrysler to compete against them. That is IF Daimler gets rid of them. Sorry if this is not well formulated. English is not my mother tongue.

Chevordsler once they finalize the Chrysler deal.
Chevordsler .that's where that came from!!!! i was not aware they were looking to add Chrysler to the fold. i guess your insider information supplier is a little higher on the food chain than mine is.
wrote in message

Tyrone Pookie Berkowitz Jr wrote:

The ghost of British Leyland rides across the heartland ....
John Horner wrote:

Now if they brought them down to my price I may buy one. Thorough useless shopping cart though. Do they make them in a utility vehicle? I could really get to my customers fast then.

I heard today that the Chinese are going to resurrect MG..."Mature Gentleman"
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:45:47 -0400, a rock fell the sky, hitting Tyrone Pookie Berkowitz Jr on the head, and inspiring the following:

It happened this morning.
I was getting on the 60 freeway and merged right in front of a F-350 diesel.
Eventually, I had a mustang merge in front of me.
--
kai

Free Compean and Ramos