GM can't shake Wall Street's bankruptcy fears

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051213/AUTO01/512130374/1148

Bob Bitch'n wrote:

The problem is that the only way GM has been able to prop up sales in recent years has been by throwing such big discounts at the buyer that GM looses money on the vehicles it sells.
It is going to take a massive restructuring and new management team to salvage something of what was once the GM empire.
John

StingRay, you need to tell those financial analysts at Standard & Poor's why they're wrong on this!
JCR
If your StingRay is pinging try 93 octane.
Hahahahhahahaha. I just couldn't resist.

A good one. I haven't heard real valve ping since the 1960's and 1970's.

So true. A restructuring is needed to purge out the rot that is holding GM back. Perhaps closer affiliation with Toyota's design studios and manufacturing would also help. A Yahoo Pontiac Vibe user comment:

Toyota builds vehicles the customers obviously like and which are very reliable.
Bob Bitch'n wrote:

Bad battery.
I'm seeing a pattern, here. On Alt HVAC the usual reply is "replace thermostat".
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.