GM Downsizes 100,000 Mile/5 Year Warranty

Page 2 of 4
Appears you are wrong, AGAIN, GM warranty is two years longer than Toyotas warranty
wrote in message

Mike Hunter wrote:

In the words of the Immortal Bugs Bunny "What a maroon!"
--
Civis Romanus Sum

A cookie? ;)
wrote in message

Mike Hunter wrote:

Touche'
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Chrysler offers a LIFETIME power train warranty

But in this day and age, the warranty should be 100000/5 unless of course GM wants to admit the quality hasn't improved int he last 50 years.

One answer is obviously the client...That is why insurance companies write their exclusions in small and confusing print, and can always blame the stupid customer, isnt it? The old shell game. But lets assume that GM is not doing this...
If the details are so convoluted and misleading that a customer would not reasonably be able to mine the truth from them, then our states Deceptive Trade Practices Law could be invoked. It says a lot of things, but mainly if you say it you have to do it, if you are deceptive it will cost you dearly.
Perhaps but the GM warranty still offers more coverage than offered by Toyota and Honda

I guess that must be the reason Toyota and Honda have warranties that are not as good as the new car warranty offered by GM

Funny thing here. One of Huggies' supporters recently replied to one of my posts that Jimbo only posts GM news articles that "concerns him."
I noticed that when GM ORIGINALLY IMPEMENTED the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, Huggins DIDN'T POST ANYTHING about it!!!!!!!
No mention about it at all!!!!!!
Guess it didn't "concern him."
Probably wasn't newsworthy.
Or maybe, James simply forgot to post anything about it!!!!!
Then someone please explain to me why Jimmy suddenly is "concerned" enough about GM simply putting their warranty back to where every other auto manufacturer has theirs to begin with?????
I noticed that when GM ORIGINALLY IMPEMENTED the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, Huggins DIDN'T POST ANYTHING about it!!!!!!!
When would that have been? IIRC, it was maybe 3 or 4 years ago? Remembering what an individual did not post back then takes a lot of good memory. I'm impressed. Do you have the date (+/- a week is OK) it should have been posted so we can go back and check?

The 100,000 mile warranty was only if effect for a couple of years.
Jimbo wasnt even around these parts four years ago.
During the time he HAS been here, there have been NO postive news articles about GM posted by him, only negative, and occasionlly positive ones about the likes of Toyota..
And finally, how in the hell do you or I or anyone else, have a date that Jimmy DID NOT POST an article about the warranty?????? If it aint there to begin with, you aint gonna find it by "going back and checking."
The new GM warranties still better than the warranties offered by Toyota and Honda
wrote in message

Yeah, with the huge costs of Toyota recalls over the past five years (Does anyone have numbers that show how many RECALLS The Big T has made in relation to their total number of SALES over the past five years?????? Or how may recalls they have made compared to GM over the same period???) They probably cant afford to give a great warranty, even with their Japanese Government-paid subsidies. They are losing money hand-over-foot these days, and it is suddenly harder for the "T " supporters to make fun of GM and it's financial problems.
No matter how big you are, you can't suffer billion dollar losses per quarter for very long. Just ask GM.

Yeah, with the huge costs of Toyota recalls over the past five years (Does anyone have numbers that show how many RECALLS The Big T has made in relation to their total number of SALES over the past five years?????? Or how may recalls they have made compared to GM over the same period???) They probably cant afford to give a great warranty, even with their Japanese Government-paid subsidies. =================================================== Toyota has so many recalls, it's difficult to compile a list of all of them. Here is an interesting one, though. I have been arguing with HLS about GM's stance on the gasket problems in the 3800 motors for quite some time, and though I totally agree GM should've done something about it, here we have something more interesting.
"Levi Stewart lost his life after the steering relay rod on his 1991 Toyota pickup snapped, causing the truck to roll. Officials labeled the accident alcohol-related due to the fact the teenager had a blood-alcohol level of .03 (legal limit for adults in his state over the age of 21 is .08), but that was before anyone involved with the investigation knew of a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recall. The relay rod, which connects the steering wheel to the front tires, had been under recall since 2005, but neither the truck owner or the previous owner had been notified of the defect.
Lawyers for the Stewart family are accusing Toyota of both delaying and improperly distributing the recall notice, which affected 1 million trucks and SUVs. The lawyers contend they have evidence that Toyota has known about the problem since as early as 1996, yet the recall didn't begin until 2005. Toyota actually started the recall in Japan a year earlier, and Toyota waited a full year before starting the recall action in the U.S. The reason Toyota has stated for the delay was that driving conditions were different in Japan, and that there were no incidents reported in the U.S. Japanese media told NBC that it knew of 80 incidents in Japan. Hit the jump to view NBC's investigational video.
So, here we have Toyota covering up a *safety* recall for almost 10 years. A recall that has cost lives both in North America, and Japan. *This* is the kind of thing that gets swept under the carpet when talking about the Mighty Toyota. And that isn't right.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/12/video-toyota-grilled-over-possible-truck-recall-coverup /

Interesting.
And amazing.
Never read anything about that before in this group. (Or Toyota's, for that matter).
Wonder why????
Come to think about it, I never saw anything about this in USA Today, 60 minutes, or Consumer Reports, either.
Wonder why?????
wrote:> The new GM

Interesting. And amazing. Never read anything about that before in this group. (Or Toyota's, for that matter). Wonder why???? Come to think about it, I never saw anything about this in USA Today, 60 minutes, or Consumer Reports, either. Wonder why????? ===================================================== My point exactly. GM has made some big mistakes in the past, all of which have been reported so much, most people know them by heart. However, when Toyota or another Japanese company does wrong, the news quietly sweeps it under the rug. It isn't fair, and anyone with half a brain should admit that. Same goes with fuel mileage. At the moment, GM sells more vehicles that get better MPG then anything from any other company, but that too is ignored by the media. They still consider Toyota to be "champ" of fuel mileage.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/12/video-toyota-grilled-over-possible-truck-recall-coverup /
That truck is 18 years old. Still, if they are at fault, they need to be sued.

What does that matter? The fact is, Toyota knew about the problem, and covered it up for a decade. The same thing you hate GM for.

Agreed, though that wasn't my point. My point was I have never seen or heard of this problem, or many other Toyota recalls I found when doing a google search. Yet, when GM has a recall, it's all over the news.