GM Downsizes 100,000 Mile/5 Year Warranty

Page 4 of 4
If we calculated our last Buick's fuel economy in Imperial gallons, we would have gotten 31 mpg in highway driving.
If we calculate our Avalon the same way, we get 38.4 mpg.
I am sure GM makes some models that get better than this. It is very hard to make meaningful calculations and comparisons across model and equipment lines.
And, as I conceded the other day, not everyone is impressed with economy. Pickup trucks are the desired vehicle here, and they will probably stay that way until fuel goes up to the $4-5 per US gallon.