GM Ebgine tilt tool

Hi

i was looking for one of these to get at the spark plugs etc in the back of the engines and I found 2 items

both by lisle tools

LIS22550 the old tool just a screww attached to a mount

LIS-48260 the new square box design with the variable attach points

One is 3$ the other is about $40 beacuse the old one was discontinued.

Was there a problem withthe old one ?

Does the new one work with gm 3.5 liter 2006 impala and engine ?

anyone have any insight into how why are whatever about these tools ?

Thansk

Reply to
AreaRecalNotice?

I use those tie-down ratchet straps. Work great for tilting the engine AND strapping down loads in your truck.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Crap design. As you tightened the forcing nut, the threads on the eye-bolt would dig into the block part, when it was time to tilt the engine back home, you have/had to beat on the screw with a hammer.

Can't say for certain, they typically work on any design where there is a 'dog bone' mounted on the top of the engine to control the torque, meaning that they don't work on cars like a Grand Am or a Cadavalier with a 4 cylinder.

Check with Thexton, they have a version of an engine tilt tool.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Me too. As well, I have simply put a vehicle in drive after disconnecting the torque over restraint, to tip the engine forward. There are lots of simple and cheap solutions for this issue - no need for specialty tools.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Well after looking at teh 2 contenders the texton engine mover has the simpler and easier to fix design , in case of problems so for $33.00 I chose that one

hope it works -- the lisle 48620 $44 looked good too but I could never fix the bent drive rod in case the thread got twisted out of shape

simplicity usually has its advantages

AreaRecalNotice?