GM EGR valve

1995 year GM. Will a bad EGR valve cause an eng miss at steady to very slight de-acceleration speed? If I hold the throttle steady going slightly uphill there is no miss but the
slightest downgrade she starts missing. Had the EGR cleaned and still get SES light. The miss happens if the light is on or not. Codes have pointed to the EGR. Idles fine and accelerates fine. I think the EGR is called a linear. It is electric with 5 wires.

What codes are you getting?

the
What's the code?
Dont know the code. Shop never told me. I was going to just replace the EGR at $150 myself but from different talk around, this may not be the source for my miss at steady speeds. The EGR fault may be masking something else. I guess I'll just have to dig deep and take it to the dealer Wednesday.

light
and
You were going to "just replace the EGR?" Why do people insist on replacing parts without diagnosing the DTC?!?
The dealer will (should) help you.
Steve
Yes, the dealer can help you, but if you knew the code, you would likely have a much better idea of what is wrong. Throwing parts (especially expensive ones) at a car in hopes of repairing a problem isn't usually a good idea.

light
Is that the digital EGR??
Pull the EGR assembly off. (It's two nuts, and easy to do) If there's 'muck' under it, and your engine is one those that can crack the intake manifold or gasket and let coolant in there, take the vehicle OUT OF SERVICE IMMEDIATELY and get it fixed!!!!
Dealer replaced EGR valve. No SES light or eng miss. $300