gm engine question

Page 2 of 3

Heres the big question....where you at??

Damn...a bit too far to make it worth my while..............I'm in NC, and it would cost too much to get up there to get it, and tow her back
Would love to have it though. Now if you come across an 87 or 88 Cutlass Supreme with buckets (complete solid car, engine optional) I may consider a trip your way regardless....my real e-mail is snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Ill tow it down there for $300. Using my tow bar, and my 90 chevy pick up.
Or for $250 Ill install your olds 350, and you can drive her home. Charles
Very tempting offer, but after thinking about it, ,I am going to hold out for the Cutlass. That is what I really want....and will have one day.

Don't hold your breath wiating on one from this area. The Ghetto Boys gobble them up. Especially the rust free ones. Charles
I know...I'm from NC, and have a line on a 87 442 that is a little rough...The quarters are dented up pretty bad and the interior is shot.....BUT there is no rust underneath........They are hard to come by down here too...

Shame your not closer. I know of a 79 Cutlass in EXCELLENT shape right down the road, it is owned by my wife's cousin. About two years ago it was repainted (chalky paint and ugly color) at the time they went over it top to bottom, only two small rust spots on the rear deck lid (down at the crimp as usual for GM). It now has a mint green paint and the vinyl roof has been redone in white. They don't drive it much and Deb said she is looking to sell it. It does need one LR marker light lens (kids and bikes don't belong near cars) and the wiring needs to be reloomed under the dash (everything works but it looks ugly if you look up from under the dash) and it need a few of the emissions lines connected up. It had AC but the compressor went south so they removed most of the hardware, and the air cleaner housing is the wrong one for the car. (Engine and trans were gone through at the same time ( 307 Olds with the metric POS behind it) the rest of the car was done. Rear frame rails are like new, trunk is almost perfect. Price wise I think she said she was going to start at 3500-4000.00.
--
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 16:17:28 GMT, "Eightupman"

Wow, Cooperstown, an ex-Albany resident and myself. Looks like Upstate, NY is well-represented in here. Where near Albany were you Eightupman?

Born in Troy, grew up in Watervliet

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:40:14 GMT, "Eightupman"

Not far from me, Clifton Park here...

Ah yes....know it well too. Was up there at the Chevy dealer and the RV dealer in December.

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:07:08 GMT, "Eightupman"

Yup, practically around the corner from there.
My folks have been treated fairly well by that RV dealer. Oddly, we've never bought a vehicle at the Chevy dealer, only Chevy dealer we dealt with was DeNooyer on 2 occasions, but I go in there asking about parts once in a while.

No shit...My brother was the parts guy over at DeNooyer. He quit there about 6-8 months ago when they started dicking him around about a promotion. Now he works for the state.
Damn, it is a small cyberspace!!!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:48:07 GMT, "Eightupman"

Bought my truck at DeNooyer Chevy in Dec. Really is a small world. I only dealt with the service and sales guys. I might have bought a part for my old truck there at some point. My folks bought a van there back in 93 or 94.

Didn't happen to buy a white 2003 1500 with silver two tone??? a Demo??? with a few thousand miles on it... I surely hope not. My brother said that one of the bosses crinkled the truck and they fixed it and tried to sell it as a demo...used the two tone to hide the work.

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:56:39 GMT, "Eightupman"

Nah, got a 2000 S-10 ZR2, the Blue one they had in Dec. There was a Red one with a cap on the lot at the same time.

ok...good. It was too good to be true for the price they were selling it for. They "claimed" it was a demo with 100% factory warranty...blah, blah, blah. 2000 miles or so, don't really remember. I had questioned the silver two tone, as it was rare for an 03 base model truck to have it. At least all the white trucks I had looked at. I didn't get under it to look for damage because the really stupid low price made me question the integrity of the deal.. Went back to talk to my brother and he gave me the low down on it. Someone got took.