gm engine question

Page 3 of 3
All of that is repairable and replaceable!
Refinish King
Ps Buy it before the ghetto gangstaz get it and ruin it!

Boys

You would be well advised to purchase it. The cars are popular from coast to coast. Drop your olds 350 in it, farm out any body work you can not do. Call Year One and see if they have the interior items, if they don't they might know where to get them.
Then Enjoy perserving one of the 80's Muscle Cars. Charles
Last time I spoke with the lady that owns it, she said that she was not quite ready to sell....I see it parked at the gas station where she works and I say to my wife every time I drive by..."see my car??" I talk to her regularly so she knows I am very interested. She did say to check with her this summer.....well hell it IS summer...to see if it was time for her to part with it. Of course money talks so I could walk up with the cash and try to get it on the spot. I would be a nice guy her home!! But then again, you never know how people will react so I am being very careful. Don't want to turn her off to the deal...

Boys
Compression ratio doesn't matter:
Valve open length and piston at TDC deck heigth are what matter.
A rule of thumb I've found that works well: if it has a chain, Interference!
If it has a belt, when you order the parts, ask the counterperson. The computer or book will tell you!
Refinish King

clearance
was
no
Not so on the older V-8's And piston hight and deck hight (to include volume of combustion chamber) dictate compression ratio. Hence flat top pistons vice dished will slightly increase your compression, AND bring it closer to your valve. Same with changing the head gasket thickness. So I stand my ground...compression ratio matters.

it
was
want
kit