GM EV1

Page 3 of 4
Volt will flop like a fish on a hot desert sand at noon.
On 27/01/2010 8:52 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

βœ–
Mike Hunter wrote:

Try to manage a reply that is beyond kindergarten level Mikey.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Add pictures here
βœ–

Senile Dementia Symptoms
Disease and other age related dementia cause many problems for patients and their families. Many problems are due to memory loss.
Recent memory loss. Everyone forgets things for awhile, but remembers them later. Dementia patients often forget things, and never remember them. They ask the same question repeatedly, each time forgetting that you already answered it. They don't even remember they already asked the question. Difficulty performing familiar tasks. Patients might cook a meal but forget to serve it. They might even forget cooking it. Problems with language. Dementia patients may forget simple words or use the wrong words, making it hard to understand what they want, causing an outburst of anger directed at the person they're talking to. Time and place disorientation. Patients may get lost on their own street, forgetting how they got to a certain place and how to get back home. Poor judgment. Anyone might get distracted and forget to watch a child closely for a short time. Dementia patients might forget about the child and just leave the house for the day. Problems with abstract thinking. Anyone might have trouble balancing a checkbook from time to time; dementia patients can forget what numbers are and how to use them. Misplacing things. Patients may put things in the wrong places — an iron in the freezer or a wristwatch in the sugar bowl. Then they can't find them later. Changes in mood. Everyone is moody occasionally, but patients may have fast mood swings, going from calm to tears to anger in just minutes. Personality changes. Patients may have drastic changes in personality, often becoming irritable, suspicious or fearful. Loss of initiative. Patients may become passive, not wanting to go places or see other people. Even if your loved one has these problems, they are caused by
--Prescription drugs interactions and side effects --The combined effect of weight loss/gain and medications --Dehydration --Vitamin B12 deficiency --Falls and concussions --Depression --Alcohol use
He will repeatedly say Once again our friend xxx is telling us the sky is falling LOL
Add pictures here
βœ–
Why do you think our friend Canuck57 suffers from dementia? I think he is simply uninformed, not mentally ill. That is why he keeps telling us the sky is falling LOL
wrote:

[...]
One can not deny the truth LOL

Add pictures here
βœ–

Irrelevant. The car cost 3 times to manufacture what it could have realistically sold for.
Look, don't get me wrong.. all of my cars are GM cars (pre Government Motors-era).. but when they make a mistake I'll sure call them on it.
EV1 was a huge blunder on their part.
--
,,|,, O_O ,,|,,

Add pictures here
βœ–
You are entitled to your opinion but the fact is it EV1 met the goals of the project.

βœ–
To loose moneyΙ
On 27/01/2010 8:57 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

That makes absolutely no sense. Why do you insist on putting your ignorance on public display?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 27/01/2010 9:17 PM, Dave wrote:

It is what GM does best. Loose money.
Add pictures here
βœ–

How ironic, you SO prove my point.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Add pictures here
βœ–
The EV1 was never sold, dummy

βœ–
You mean no one would buy it so they canceled it.
On 28/01/2010 8:54 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

βœ–
On 25/01/2010 10:31 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

Probably could not pass a crash test, and for such a short life a serious recall list:
http://www.carfax.com/car_safety/ratings/srr.cfm/year/1999/make/GM#SARcrashNHTSA
Tata Nano passed the Euro tests and all models, even loaded are under $5000.

Add pictures here
βœ–
What part of "It was built as a purely experimental vehicle, under an exception to the federal EPA and NHTSA regulations. It could not be sold, only leased for the one year test and then destroy," did you not understand, dummy?

Add pictures here
βœ–
The fact is GM cannot build small cars, and certainly not inexpensive ones. Tehy probably even knew the EV1 didn't stand a chance in hell of passing crash tests. CAFE didn't exist then so I don't think that excuse applied then.
The closest GM ever came to making a 4 cycl. small car I liked was a GM-Vauxhall Cavalier when I was in Europe. So I made the mistake of buying the NA Olds version of a Cavalier, Firenza and what a piece of utter crap.