GM, Ford, Chrysler vs. Toyota, Nissan, Honda production

Page 6 of 6
"C. E. White" wrote:

They also have a knack of picking the best ideas from others and developing them until they're actually usable and reasonably reliable. That's something that we here in the US could stand to do... Not to mention the build precision thing... that's not insignificant.

True dat. If Packard (or any other US mfgr. for that matter) had listened to Deming instead of just riding the post-WW2 buying wave things might have been completely different.
nate
LoL asian car owners trying to prove a point. Funnier then comedy central.
All the japs did was steal the idea and used it. Anyone can steal. To bad they can't invent anything on their own.
The only reason people are buying asian cars are because of the cheap price. Typical american cars were the same price what asian imports are now. Cost goes up through the years, but no one wants to get a real job to pay for something.
KIAs are the cheapest i guess. They must be the best cars around. But i hope they put a lot of "variable" names on their engine parts so i can be brain washed by their ads. Or like v-tech, so i can brag about it to my dawgs.
People who buy asian cars=ignorant people who dont know anything about cars. That is why 90% of ricers are asian cars. Why are they riced out, because the owners are idiots and "think" ricing out a car will make it go faster.
All of us should be stunned the asians are using our technology or europe's(sarcasm). Just like the other guy said before. We have used all those things before. There was prototypes of four wheel steering cars for GM. It worked perfect, but management cut costs. We can engineer and make anything badass, but if the CEOs want to make more money and layoff people, they gonna do what they like.
Big deal four cylinders are making 200hp. The year is 2003. It is called technology. A ricer can make 400hp out of his 4 cylinder with adding a turbo, or modifying it. BIG DEAL. Domestics were getting 400hp back in the 80s. Vw beetles were getting that in the 70s at the drag strips. You trying to impress me with asian cars isn't going to happen.
And 8,000rpm reving engines are not for city traffic. Unless the person is already reving the crap out of it. BTW, it isn't very economic to be running an engine at high rpms. Most domestic cars and europe have enough torque that cars can be driven at low rpms. Cars can move quickly and save fuel at the same time. Our old v8 big blocks can be made to run at 10,000rpms all day long. Nascar has no problems with it.
Asian imports are reliable. False. Go take a look at the jap newsgroups and people crying about things breaking down. They cost more to fix and harder to work on. And if they are such great cars, i would see a lot more older asian cars on the road. But i dont.
And to the other arguement. Not everyone is lazy workers. But yes, a lot of the bosses/supervisors love to do crap during the workplace. Then the bosses want credit for what those real workers did. This goes on everyplace. Just looking for a promotion so someday they can be brown nosing the CEO.
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Erik) wrote in message

If Japanese cars are just knockoffs, then why are some of them better performers and more reliable?
I think a revamp of the anger management (as well as the literacy) program in the trailer park would be in order.

Innovation and engineering aren't necessarily the same. It's true that Japan hasn't invented much, but back in the 19th century the most innovative country was Great Britain, yet they lagged the U.S. because American companies could take British ideas and implement them better, thanks to better management and engineering.
Some Japanese inventions: the tunnel diode (but the transistor blew it away), Yagi antennas, the modern form of video tape (every other line is recorded out of phase so the tracks don't interfere with one another, even without any space between tracks, allowing much less tape to be used), the Toyota production system, the blue LED, and the blue LED laser (same guy for both, but he packed up and moved to the U.S. because of a better offer).
I prefer red LED.
to the other guy which posted about performance and reliability i already mentioned it in my same post
"Asian imports are reliable. False. Go take a look at the jap newsgroups and people crying about things breaking down. They cost more to fix and harder to work on. And if they are such great cars, i would see a lot more older asian cars on the road. But i dont. "
asian cars have performance :-O "psah and monkeys fly out of my butt" quote from waynes world their amc pacer has more performance.
And to "modify" an asian car to be in the same performance as any european or domestic car, costs more then what the car is worth.
I can mod my vw bug any 3 i got, 68,74,72, for less then what it would cost an asian car. Same goes with any four banger domestics or v8s.
Crunchy Cookie.... Even if i did live in a trailer home, which i dont. I didn't get my education from one. Pretty obvious where your knowledge came from.
Im stating pure facts, im not getting angry about anything. And a lot of people argued against your none sense.
Crunchy, you can go back to your GED education, and keep on crunching on those scabs that you call a cookie, while you keep it in the family.
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Erik) wrote in message

How can you tell how reliable they are unless you know the total number of them? But everything I've seen says that the better Japanese cars, like Nissans, Toyotas, and Hondas, average half as many failures as the American cars, new or old.

I've found that parts for my Nissan truck are cheaper than those for my Ford, the last time $8 for a sensor connector, compared to $30 from Ford for virtually the same thing.

Doesn't that depend on how many were being sold back then and the habits of the buyers? I see many older trucks but not many cars made before 1990, America, Asian, or Chrysler.

Now that there is BLUE, all the primary colors LED have been invented and a WHITE LIGHT LED or LED pack is feasible. Very important, not a trivial thing!