GM, Ford, Chrysler vs. Toyota, Nissan, Honda production

How can you tell how reliable they are unless you know the total number of them? But everything I've seen says that the better Japanese cars, like Nissans, Toyotas, and Hondas, average half as many failures as the American cars, new or old.

I've found that parts for my Nissan truck are cheaper than those for my Ford, the last time $8 for a sensor connector, compared to $30 from Ford for virtually the same thing.

Doesn't that depend on how many were being sold back then and the habits of the buyers? I see many older trucks but not many cars made before 1990, America, Asian, or Chrysler.

Reply to
larrymoencurly

This morning I've paid $1.46 for premium. Regular was $1.36.

Reply to
Neo

Thanks for digging that up.

Reply to
Neo

Average among the 4 gas stations within .5 miles for regular is $1.77 here in Rhode Island.

Reply to
COTTP

I don't see how that could be since the price difference is always 10 cents, therefore regular is 1.36 then plus would be 1.46 and premium would be 1.56

Reply to
Scott

No, sir. Premium is 10c more than regular at this gas station. Plus is 5c more. I only get fuel where the span is at most 10c. This is becoming more and more common around here, I don't know if it's the same where you live.

I wish I had a picture of the price billboard, because I suspect you'll never believe me until you see it.

Reply to
Neo

You are correct in that I won't believe it until I see it, I have lived in Illinois, Ohio, Virginia, Washington state, California and Guam and it has always been 10 cents each octane higher. But I don't really want to argue about it, you may be right or I may be right, lets leave it at that.

Reply to
Scott

And the world can't be bigger than that...

Whatever. FWIW, gas prices are farther and farther from $2 around here:

Neo

Now that there is BLUE, all the primary colors LED have been invented and a WHITE LIGHT LED or LED pack is feasible. Very important, not a trivial thing!

Reply to
Pete