GM global VP to personally call buyers who returned a vehicle

?Reliability has been the Achilles? heel of GM for my entire career,? he said, promising he would focus the company?s engineers around the world on fixing the problem." They already know the problem but have never bothered actually fixing it. It will not be fixed this time either. Just pointless babble about how "we have gotten the message"-will never get fixed and STAY FIXED.

GM global VP to personally call buyers who returned a vehicle

By MARK PHELAN FREE PRESS AUTO CRITIC

General Motors Co.?s vice president for global engineering will spend the next few evenings calling customers who bought a GM vehicle and returned it during the company?s ?May the best car win? promotion.

GM chairman Ed Whitacre suggested engineering vice president Mark Reuss and his team make the follow-up calls to figure out what went wrong and improve the products.

Less than 0.1%, or 200 of the 220,000 people who qualified for the exchange offer, used it, and only about 20 buyers won?t move into some other GM vehicle. But Reuss jumped at the idea.

?This is about as direct and unfiltered feedback as we?ve ever done,? the 26-year GM veteran said. ?It feels pretty good.?

Reuss planned to call a buyer tonight who returned a Chevrolet Silverado pickup because of dissatisfaction with its interior room, paint and the quality of its finish. ?I want to know exactly why they weren?t satisfied,? he said.

Reuss is troubled by GM?s disappointing performance in Consumer Reports magazine?s recent survey of new vehicles.

?Reliability has been the Achilles? heel of GM for my entire career,? he said, promising he would focus the company?s engineers around the world on fixing the problem. ?It gets down to an individual engineer?s ability to find a problem and leadership?s ability to fix it,? he said, adding that too many GM engineers have been reluctant to point out problems because they were afraid they?d get the blame rather than praise for catching the mistake before customers suffered.

?We have to reinvigorate ourselves around what makes vehicles reliable and valuable to customers,? he said.

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

Its a start. They should also call some of the ex-GM owners to find out why they left the camp. They should also find out why some of the dealers let customers go easily too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Why do that? GM still today still sells more than any other manufacturer in the US. ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Not for much longer.

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

Ya right, we have been hearing that for two years, but GM is STILL number one LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

#1 in stupidity and bankruptcy, you are correct Mike.

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

They'd sell a lot more and maybe even make a profit.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Why make a profit? Government Motors doesn't need nor want to make a profit.

They couldn't make a profit as a private company.

Much easier to keep on sucking...

Reply to
Canuck57

Perhaps in your opinion, but not in the opinion of all those millions of GM buyers that are keeping GM as the number one seller in the US. Whether you or others, agree or not with those millions of GM buyers, is immaterial to that fact. LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Not to worry "they" will. The new GM is set to begin paying 1.5 billion on its government loan in the first quarter of 2010 and to turn profit as well in 2010, at it current sales rate. Try to keep up.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mike can identify with that ;>)

Reply to
hls

Our friend Canuck57 once again tells us the sky is falling. LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Ah........finally a subject that you are qualified to comment on.

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
Canuck57

Reply to
Canuck57

It is for GM, sooner or later the political balls will occur to stop GMs insatiable sucking on the taxpayers hind tit.

Watch a democrat senator backpeddle the other day for his sins against Americans in suppoerting bailouts.

I guess he is worried he will not get re-elected next year.

Wouldn't it be cool if GM needed a wad of taxpayers cash just before the

2010 elections!

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Canuck57

Reply to
Canuck57

Once again our friend Canuck57 has told us the sky is falling, LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter