GM goes further down the dumper; NiHM battery supplier broke due to Chevron

Page 3 of 3

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:01:42 GMT, "William W Western"

I would be the opposite. Conductors have less resistance at cold temperatures. "Gel state" or semi-solid or matted state batteries (BAT-trees up there, eh) are far less affected by cold than were aqueous H2SO4 lead-calcium cells, especially when holding a full charge, Also, like the turbojet engine, the electric motor (especially AC) only has one moving part...the armature, while the piston engine can have thousands, all depending on lubrication and proper clearances.
Besides, if electric traction was so bad in cold weather, why were both CPR and CNR so eager to dieselize their motive power in the 1950s? Reason: Diesel-electric is FAR more reliable in cold weather than was steam...although both roads had some pretty impressive engines in their day, eh.
Coming up soon?
Don't think DC traction motors are the end all/be all, either. US and Canuckian RRs have been on variable frequency AC traction for more than a decade now, obviating the usual arced commutators and wearing brushes, and with greater tractive effort and less weight (no huge pole shoes to add to the heft.) GM and Ford are clueless about the technology, even though GM had been building AC traction locomotives (in Canada, eh...they don't build anything in the US anymore, but that may change) before unloading the whole division on foreign investors last year. AC traction, once adopted will make the current (not a pun) DC traction obsolete overnight, mainly due to copper cost savings and superior power/weight ratios. Of course, first, we have to get Bil Oil to quit blocking electric automotive traction development, as ChevronTexico blatantly is now...with George Bush Bird's blessing, obviously.
Sure sign of $4/gal. gas this summer:
"Ah don' see gas goin' to $4 a gallon anytime soon...." --George Dubya Bush, biggest moron ever to hold the office of president of the US.

Did Bush manage to get that entire sentence out without either stopping to think, or smiling, as though he was looking directly at the sun?

I think there were a couple of the usual "uhhhhhhhs..." interspersed here and there, but they're so common, I usually don't note them.

Don't bother trying to explain it to him...he's too dense.

Not if it's 50/50 ethylene or polypropylene glycol and water, it sure shouldn't. Of course, people like this moron probably never service their cooling systems on time, either.

...and synthetic ATF...nary a problem with cold weather performance there! But wait...it's an old Chevy...not worth putting synthetic into, as the worn out valve guides will just pump it out in no time.

Everywhere I went in Canada, there were "plug-ins"...duplex outlets so you could plug your trusty block heater in for a nice, warm night. Starting would be as if on a balmy day, even with a Detroit diesel.

People of his class don't have "garages."
I hope you are in good shape, that a rather large area and things a pretty far apart up there. ;)

will not fit into the Fiero this summer. The charts do not lie.
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:05:01 GMT, "William W Western"

Neither does the Fiero, eh. Time to lay off the brewskis. Molsons LIES about their carbohydrate content, eh! The label says "one belt notch" each, but aye if it isn't really two!

square tires for about fifteen minutes. Kerklunk, kerklunk.......

Didn't do too well in school, obviously, as your grammar and spelling tell. Most Chevrolet fans are usually of that caliber.

Hillary went down the dumper in a grand fashion, not GM

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:31:42 GMT, "William W Western"

"Zito" Noodles isn't "wind chill"...he's "bad gas"...probably from eating that tainted homemade sauSEECH again!
Do not be surprised to see her take Ohio and Texas. Obama peaked too early this time, and her support among women in Ohio is 17-18% now, depending on which poll you glean, and now up to 14% in Texas, according to Quinnipiac.
Doesn't matter; either of them can beat McCain handily. Once McCain melts down into sludge on the stump (as he always does) it'll be game over. Also, now, it looks like the Dems will be able to assuredly pick up four seats in the Senate, with MAYBE a fifth...thus giving them cloture power again. That will make the GOP in the Senate irrelevant.

ice lady.
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:38:53 GMT, "William W Western"

...JUST the type of lady you need to stare down those corporate asshole's, I would think. You'd want a milquetoast or a lapdog like Bush to handle them? I thinketh not.
23C here today...another record for February 29th...except there are only the amount of February 29ths to compare to in history.
Someone really needs to wind up that orbital clock again.

The only thing irrelevant is your slime's importance to the universal DNA pool.

Another paean of grief from a cowering righttard. They're all doing the same thing now on Usenet, bemoaning the loss of their delusional fantasy world. Go back under your rock from whence you came in the '50s, morons-in-general. We've thrown Willie Buckley's carrion under there to keep you company.