GM Hurtin' - GM HEALING!!

Page 2 of 2
You are correct as to why many choose to post in any particular HG. I never try to suggest to somebody that the take a particular view on what is posted. I am merely trying to report
facts. By posting facts, I know to be true, when somebody posts an erroneous, misinformed or biased opinion I give others who may read both points the opportunity to draw their now conclusion. I could not care less where somebody spends their money. From what we see in our corporate fleet maintenance business, servicing thousands of vehicles of nearly every brand, ALL manufactures are building good vehicles today that will last a long, long, time if given the proper maintenance. The only real difference we see is style and price, period. Personally I do not own a GM vehicle. I run two vehicles a luxury sedan and a high powered convertible. I buy a new vehicle every year and sell off the one that is now two years old. About ten years ago after owning many vehicles both foreign and domestic I made a decision to help our own economy first. I'm trying to do what the Japanese do and that is to try my best to do business with the companies and the workers that do business in our own country, whenever possible. I have made it a point to only buy those vehicles made in the US, of primarily American parts, by an American tax paying corporation, and assembled by well paid and protected American workers, rather than adding to our ever growing trade deficit by buying products from other countries
mike hunt
Jonathan Race wrote:

Here's a view of the GM culture;
They develop the BUICK Century.
This car should have been killer competition for the Toyota Camrey.
Then they put in a 3.1 engine that has serious reliability problems.
And then, the damn fools keep using the same engine year after year.....
I'd like to think that Toyota would've fixed the problem the first year. But then, thats why people are turning to Toyota.
<rj>

Hate to rain down on your parade, but I've seen several 3.1 have been problem free. There're...5 that I can think off of the top of my head that have 100,000+ miles on them and that're still running strong (one even has I think ~240k miles) and have never had the gasket problem.

Century deserved the 3.8

AND THEY ARE AXING THE 3.8 IN 18 MONTHS!!! F-ing MORONS! The best domestic V6 by far, and they are killing it off. It runs too long I guess. My god what are they thinking?????
GM just lost all credibility by me when they announced they were dropping the Zeta platform (the one the new Camaro (replacement), GTO and the Buick were scheduled to be made from) to work on SUVs and trucks. Time to go get that Mustang.
http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0503/21/A01-123402.htm

Shit, yeap that'll just about do it.

The ONLY hot selling 'merican branded automobile right now are the rear wheel drive V-8 powered Chrysler/Dodge products ... so GM is going to take a pass on that market.
Somebody needs to replace ALL of the current top management. Maybe vote 'em on or off the island right here on alt.autos.gm!
John

I nominate Lutz.

WOW, are kLutz and co. a bunch of morons. F GM. I used to be pretty brand loyal to them, and hoped they'd come back with a Camaro/Bird in the next few years. Looks like I'm gonna have to pony up the 20-25K for a 2002 T/A or a just get a new Mustang.

In Lutz's defense (not that I like most of his other work there), I guess he fought to keep Zeta going but they talked him into it. I was hoping they'd come back with a Camaro by 08 so I could get one just as I was getting done with college.