GM is still the undisputed Champion

Page 2 of 2

They have to design the wipers that way to squeeze a little more gas mileage out of the car so to make up for the added gas their idiotic DRLs use, I suppose. ;-)

GM has been doing the tuck-away wipers since the early 70's and the .01% difference they might have made then wasn't a concern. They do them because of the Invented Here bias - it's the old "we've been doing them this way for 20 years and we think they look cool so we are going to keep doing them"
Ted