GM - It's Better to Keep it Going Than to Start Over

Nationalise it. Fix it. Sell it back to private enterprise. Keep the infrastructure in good condition. All it needs is a managment overhaul. Redirect the bail out money to take it over.

Reply to
Erness Wild

Actually it would be a good thing if it went to chapter 11. It would break many of the contracts they have to pay ex-workers, who should have other jobs. There are people right now who have made more money since they quit working then they did when they were working. This is killing the country.

Besides when government marries commerce and banking - we are no longer a republic, but a fascist government.

Reply to
Dymphna

Who would take it over?...our government ...ROTFLMAO!! They cant function at anything, let alone run a failing auto manufacturer.

It needs more than management, but that would have been a start even a few years ago.

This problem may be, now, too big to fix.

Reply to
HLS

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 08:40:40 -0500, Erness Wild cast forth these pearls of wisdom...:

When have you ever seen the government fix anything?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
Erness Wild