GM Logo To Appear On Cars

Page 2 of 3
Sure sounds like envy to me.. You prefer a small cramped goofy looking little car to a large roomy, safe, BIG car? Seems to me people laugh when they see someone driving a goofy looking car
for which the owner paid a premium price that would buy ALL of the gas for a Corolla for three or four years and will need $4,000 worth the batteries when it is that old. LOL
mike hunt
Isaiah Beard wrote:

its only "safe" to the person driving it.
The Accord Hybrid looks pretty good, give it another decade or 2 and gasoline engines will be completely obsolete, if GM wishes to still be in business then, they better get into gear and stop building gas guzzlers and start putting out some real hybrid technology, they were on the right track with the Evo1, but decided to dump the project. Maybe the execs have stock in oil companies?
You need to look at Chevy's website. They offer a hybrid full-sized pick-up with regenerative braking and an on-board generator for external power. The EV1 wasn't a hybrid, it was all-electric, and while the Toyota and Honda offerings are cute they just aren't the vehicles I'd be looking for out on a construction site or in the parking lot of a fire station. Sounds like GM's got the jump on you.
Now if they'd only bring back a retro-1970 El Camino with an extended cab with reverse opening back doors and a hybrid motor like their pick-up then I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Red, make mine red.
Cheers - Jonathan

I saw the hybrid truck at the auto show late last year, the extra 2 mpg didn't impress me.
Never said the EV1 was a hybrid, they were on the right track with it though, no gasoline motor, of course 1980's battery and motor technology is what nerfed the project.

in
stock

Fundamental flaw in your logic: You say in another decade or 2 gasoline engines will be completely obsolete. I don't know if you've looked under the hood of a hybrid lately, but they use gasoline engines, and are still dependant on oil. Hybrids aren't the long term solution, at best they are a stop gap measure.

in
stock
the
its a step in the right direction however, until they can get electric motor and battery technology into a realistic size weight and price range, hybrids are good to wean people off gas. A gasoline only engine will probably be obsolete in 10 years, in 10 years I hope the hybrids they are making 5 years from now are still on the road running strong.

And the energy to charge your electric car will come from where? Most likely some type of fossil fuel. Unless they invent cold fusion in the next 10 years, or come out with some other amazing breakthrough in energy.

likely
Why's everyone hate nuclear?
Not everyone, the rest of the world in not afraid of nuclear power, only in the US is it feared. The primarily reason is because they do not understand the vast advantages of nuclear power for the production of electricity, I suppose. The environuts have done a good job of vilifying it in the US
mike hunt
Paradox wrote:

I will also agree with you to a point, but even taking into account the laws of physics in the past 20 years I have been in Fire Rescue I've seen far more fatalities in the Toyota vs. Honda type example you cite than in any of the full-size truck vs. full-size truck type accidents. And since full-sized trucks are the top sellers and make up a very large percentage of vehicles on the road, then it says something when I can see a difference over the years. Whether it's what I know or what I believe, I'll put more faith in what personal experience and eyewitness accounts tell me more than some misleading crash test rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Additionally, ALL cars and trucks are a waste of resources, Hondas and Toyotas included. Personal transport is a myth perpetuated by the fact that nobody wants to take the time or spend the money to establish a universally convenient public transportation system that could take their place. But then again, they also promised us flying cars and moving sidewalks, and I haven't seen those yet either.
Cheers - Jonathan

I see moving sidewalks at the airport.

We used to have lots of moving sidewalks, around here. Then I quit drinkin'. H

If "big" is "safe" then you should be looking at INTERNATIONAL (18 wheeler ) Tractor.
<rj>
You are absolutely correct. How many millions upon millions of miles do big rigs drive every year and yet when we see on the news a headline like "Semi involved in multi-car accident" the driver of the semi gets released on the scene without injuries, but we end up removing the persons in the passenger vehicles with a putty knife and a shop vac.
There is, however, a distinct limit to my budget - a point where I have to balance even something as important as my personal safety with how much I can afford, and believe me an 18-wheeler is just a little bit outside my financial reach right now. Looks like I'll have to stick with a pick-up truck.
Cheers - Jonathan

Internationals new Hummer type pickup truck may fit the bill. ;)
mike hunt
"" wrote:

Who Envys driving a Big Goofy car? Hummers safe?...for who...only those driving them ?..everyone else is in danger of being killed by a Hummer.
There are a hell of a lot more tractor-trailers on the road than Hummers. It's envy, no doubt about it.
mike hunt
Johnny Action wrote:

Lets say I envy a Tractor, they look better.

Sure but it takes too long to get to town on one ;)
mike hunt
Johnny Action wrote:

No..I kinda think hate is the proper word. Despise could be another word. No one likes to see a big box roll down the road blocking view of traffic.

It