GM Logo To Appear On Cars

you could GIVE me a H2 and I would turn around and sell it to some yuppie and buy a way better vehicle.

Reply to
Paradox

its only "safe" to the person driving it.

The Accord Hybrid looks pretty good, give it another decade or 2 and gasoline engines will be completely obsolete, if GM wishes to still be in business then, they better get into gear and stop building gas guzzlers and start putting out some real hybrid technology, they were on the right track with the Evo1, but decided to dump the project. Maybe the execs have stock in oil companies?

Reply to
Paradox

Of the people I know, don't hear many pining for a Hummer like I hear them pining for BMW's, Lexus', Benz's, the new Caddy's etc. When Hummer does come up, the reaction is typically "Oh gawd!" So I'm certain you're mistaken.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

You need to look at Chevy's website. They offer a hybrid full-sized pick-up with regenerative braking and an on-board generator for external power. The EV1 wasn't a hybrid, it was all-electric, and while the Toyota and Honda offerings are cute they just aren't the vehicles I'd be looking for out on a construction site or in the parking lot of a fire station. Sounds like GM's got the jump on you.

Now if they'd only bring back a retro-1970 El Camino with an extended cab with reverse opening back doors and a hybrid motor like their pick-up then I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Red, make mine red.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

Fundamental flaw in your logic: You say in another decade or 2 gasoline engines will be completely obsolete. I don't know if you've looked under the hood of a hybrid lately, but they use gasoline engines, and are still dependant on oil. Hybrids aren't the long term solution, at best they are a stop gap measure.

Reply to
Bill 2

I will also agree with you to a point, but even taking into account the laws of physics in the past 20 years I have been in Fire Rescue I've seen far more fatalities in the Toyota vs. Honda type example you cite than in any of the full-size truck vs. full-size truck type accidents. And since full-sized trucks are the top sellers and make up a very large percentage of vehicles on the road, then it says something when I can see a difference over the years. Whether it's what I know or what I believe, I'll put more faith in what personal experience and eyewitness accounts tell me more than some misleading crash test rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

Additionally, ALL cars and trucks are a waste of resources, Hondas and Toyotas included. Personal transport is a myth perpetuated by the fact that nobody wants to take the time or spend the money to establish a universally convenient public transportation system that could take their place. But then again, they also promised us flying cars and moving sidewalks, and I haven't seen those yet either.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

I see moving sidewalks at the airport.

Reply to
Bill 2

We used to have lots of moving sidewalks, around here. Then I quit drinkin'. H

Reply to
Hairy

If "big" is "safe" then you should be looking at INTERNATIONAL (18 wheeler ) Tractor.

Reply to
Anonymous

You are absolutely correct. How many millions upon millions of miles do big rigs drive every year and yet when we see on the news a headline like "Semi involved in multi-car accident" the driver of the semi gets released on the scene without injuries, but we end up removing the persons in the passenger vehicles with a putty knife and a shop vac.

There is, however, a distinct limit to my budget - a point where I have to balance even something as important as my personal safety with how much I can afford, and believe me an 18-wheeler is just a little bit outside my financial reach right now. Looks like I'll have to stick with a pick-up truck.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

its a step in the right direction however, until they can get electric motor and battery technology into a realistic size weight and price range, hybrids are good to wean people off gas. A gasoline only engine will probably be obsolete in 10 years, in 10 years I hope the hybrids they are making 5 years from now are still on the road running strong.

Reply to
Paradox

I saw the hybrid truck at the auto show late last year, the extra 2 mpg didn't impress me.

Never said the EV1 was a hybrid, they were on the right track with it though, no gasoline motor, of course 1980's battery and motor technology is what nerfed the project.

Reply to
Paradox

Internationals new Hummer type pickup truck may fit the bill. ;)

mike hunt

"" wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

And the energy to charge your electric car will come from where? Most likely some type of fossil fuel. Unless they invent cold fusion in the next 10 years, or come out with some other amazing breakthrough in energy.

Reply to
Bill 2

Harryface ?Ø

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 301,742 miles Yeh but whats the point?...Seems like more of a detriment, even GM owners in this news group is starting to bash them.
Reply to
Johnny Action

No..I kinda think hate is the proper word. Despise could be another word. No one likes to see a big box roll down the road blocking view of traffic.

Reply to
Johnny Action

If I had money like Trump I would buy a couple of Hummers, some I would roll off a cliff just to watch them explode, others I would put in a field and blast away at them with a Tommy gun.

Reply to
Johnny Action

Who Envys driving a Big Goofy car? Hummers safe?...for who...only those driving them ?..everyone else is in danger of being killed by a Hummer.

Reply to
Johnny Action

In Wednesday' s paper there was a clip mentioning the new GM logo. The GM letters will be embossed over a little silver square. It will appear on 2006 models on both sides of the vehicle somewhere above the rocker panel and below the beltline.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,294 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

A SILVER square? What a bunch of dumbasses ... The GM logo is on and should always be on a BLUE square. GM....so outta touch! They don't even know what their logo looks like.

Reply to
Dennis Smith