GM Logo To Appear On Cars

Page 3 of 3
Obviously many do, or they would not be buying more trucks today than cars. Nearly 55% of all sales in the US in 2004 were in light trucks. If more people could afford to buy and operate
those bigger safer vehicles, the percentages would be even higher. ;)
mike hunt
Johnny Action wrote:

Yeh and so many of them are women because it makes them feel safe...they are so afraid of getting themselves and there kids killed because they know they cant drive to begin with, so they protect there kids while endangering others kids in a car.

You may well be correct. Figures released by NHTSA show the death and injury rate among children in the US has been continually going way down, over the past six or seven years.
They attribute the reduction in the death and injury rate among children to the fact more and more children are riding in those larger safer vehicles, when properly belted, and fewer is smaller less safe vehicles even if properly belted.
mike hunt
Johnny Action wrote:

Bet that the initial reason was that AMGeneral (of the original HUMVEE) don't necessarily want people to think that the flood of GM Hummer 'n' models is from them.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Its about GD time! There used to be a GM logo in the door jam in the 1960's. I don't know if they still do it but the seat belt buckles always had a GM logo on the button.
Dennis Smith
Harry Face wrote:

That is a good idea. I saw my first new style GTO last night going through the supermarket parking lot. I thought it was an early 00's Nissan-Mazda-Toyota until I saw the little badge on the lower front fender.
There was a two inch paragraph in the paper the other day that said GM will start putting a GM Logo on their cars later this year so people know that the car they are seeing is made by GM. The article didn't say where or how many logo's would appear on the vehicles.
I think that they're also going to make it bigger on the SUVs and pickups that they make. It makes sense, if people see how many GM cars are on the road maybe they won't think of them as just a faceless thing.
Several of the soon to be produced GM cars and trucks, shown a the NYC auto Show, displayed a "GM" in the center of the grill. I guess GM doesn't like Toyota claiming they are 'Americas number one car BRAND' when both GM and Ford sell far more car than does Toyota, but with different brand names them. Seems like Toyota is pissing off everybody. Honda, who actually make cars in the US with mostly American made parts, filed a complaint with the FCC about Toyota advertising that their cars are made in America. The truth is just about everything Toyota calls American Made are actually only assembled in the US of primarily foreign parts. The only exception are those built in the GM/Toyota plant in California that builds the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Tacoma's. They are the only Toyota with a '1' as the first number of the VIN all the other or a '5' and a few are a '4.' Toyotas newest TV ads now list "Assembled in the US of world sourced parts" in very light print at the very bottom of the ad for a few seconds ;)
mike hunt
Harry Face wrote:

mike hunt
There was a two inch paragraph in the paper the other day that said GM will start putting a GM Logo on their cars later this year so people know that the car they are seeing is made by GM. The article didn't say where or how many logo's would appear on the vehicles.
Harryface ؿ 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 301,742 miles Yeh but whats the point?...Seems like more of a detriment, even GM owners in this news group is starting to bash them.
The facts are, GM sells more cars and more trucks than any other manufactures in the US, foreign or domestic and they want the buyers to know it.. Many buyers think Toyota sells more cars and Ford sells more trucks than does GM. They do, but only if one goes by the brand on the grill. In fact Ford sells more cars than Toyota, as well. GM and Ford together sell more total cars and trucks than ALL of the other manufactures combined, selling vehicles in the US. Toyota and its two other lines, Lexus and Scion, are actually in forth place in total sales in the US behind Chrysler not including MB sales.
mike hunt
Johnny Action wrote:

In Wednesday' s paper there was a clip mentioning the new GM logo. The GM letters will be embossed over a little silver square. It will appear on 2006 models on both sides of the vehicle somewhere above the rocker panel and below the beltline.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

A SILVER square? What a bunch of dumbasses ... The GM logo is on and should always be on a BLUE square. GM....so outta touch! They don't even know what their logo looks like.
Dennis Smith
says...

Speaking of dumbasses, what makes you an authority on GM logo's? I have boxes and boxes of NOS GM parts in my shop, ranging from the 20's to the 70's and the logo has changed several times over the years. The GM logo looks like whatever General Motors says it looks like. H

I am the almighty Master of GM, didn't you get the memo?
NOW is the time for GM to look back at their heritage...but they insist on changing everything ... Its almost like they are purposely running the company into the ground.
Dennis Smith
Dennis SMith wrote; I am the almighty Master Of GM, didn't you get my memo?
But are you Master Of Your Domain?