GM Lower rear shock bolt 10.9 Metric for 99 Montana

I'm desperately trying to find the lower shock bolt and nut that fits a 99 Pontiac Montana. I called several dealers and part stores and it's either a non-stock item or an unavailable part. Can anyone tell me where I can find this bolt or a generic replacement bolt? Since dealers don't have the original bolt in stock would anyone know what they use instead? I couldn't find the part number in the service manual so if anyone knows the part number please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Reply to
EGA

Do you have the old bolt? A good hardware supply (*not* an orange-colored home repair store) should be able to fix you up, assuming you know length, diameter, and thread pitch. 10.9 is a strength rating, not a size - your new bolt should be rated 10.9 or higher.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Just use a hardened bolt of the same length and diameter.

Reply to
Mike Marlow