GM motor oil (canada)

Anyone know who actually provides the motor oil GM uses (in Canada) for it's oil changes?
Thanks...Brad

"Brad Clarke" wrote

I'm not sure, but I think it's Havoline. It's just bulk oil at our dealership. Unless the customer specifies something else.
Ian
On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 23:01:57 GMT, "shiden_kai"

I was just curious to see if GM Canada has a specific brand they use, so that I could see how it compares to other oils that are available.
Brad
On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:36:52 GMT, Brad Clarke

price. IIRC Esso leads the Canadian market in this regard.
Al.

I agree. I don't know about Canada, but in Iowa, my dealer was using Northland the last time I asked. They use GM approved oils but the brand varies with the price fluctuations. Dave
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:42:25 -0500, "Dave Brower"

approved?

As long as the starburst and API labels are on the bottle with the proper visc. its a GM approved oil.
Worked the lube rack at a dealership in eastern Canada for a few years...it was a PetroCanada truck that filled the bulk oil tank.