GM motor oil (canada)

Anyone know who actually provides the motor oil GM uses (in Canada) for it's oil changes?

Thanks...Brad

Reply to
Brad Clarke

"Brad Clarke" wrote

I'm not sure, but I think it's Havoline. It's just bulk oil at our dealership. Unless the customer specifies something else.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Probably whatever bulk oil the dealer can obtain for a reasonable price. IIRC Esso leads the Canadian market in this regard.

Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

Thanks Ian.

I was just curious to see if GM Canada has a specific brand they use, so that I could see how it compares to other oils that are available.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Clarke

I agree. I don't know about Canada, but in Iowa, my dealer was using Northland the last time I asked. They use GM approved oils but the brand varies with the price fluctuations. Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

So I guess it really doesn't matter what the oil is, as long as it's GM approved?

Reply to
Brad Clarke

As long as the starburst and API labels are on the bottle with the proper visc. its a GM approved oil.

Reply to
Richard

Worked the lube rack at a dealership in eastern Canada for a few years...it was a PetroCanada truck that filled the bulk oil tank.

Reply to
A.C.