GM Onstar

Just bought a Chevy HHR. Really like it so far, but then only had it a week. It has the OnStar Safe and Sound package, which I guess they all do. It is
free the first year. I guess it has some nice features, but not sure yet whether it's worth the $200 a year when I have to start paying. As you get close to having to get the renewal, do they start offering discounts to get you to renew or is the price firm? Thanks.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Paul O. wrote:

Been renewing annually since 1999. AFAIK the only difference is between the monthly price and the annual price.
Near the end of year-one Verizon will make you a bundling offer which ties either their individual or family cell, PCD, PDA plans to your OnStar at a discount.
If you've got a cell renewal coming up, you might call Verizon and see what they can do.
Verizon-corporate plans can't be bundled into a personal OnStar deal since the corporate service is on a different sales channel.
-- pj