GM Onstar

Just bought a Chevy HHR. Really like it so far, but then only had it a week. It has the OnStar Safe and Sound package, which I guess they all do. It is free the first year. I guess it has some nice features, but not sure yet whether it's worth the $200 a year when I have to start paying. As you get close to having to get the renewal, do they start offering discounts to get you to renew or is the price firm? Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

Been renewing annually since 1999. AFAIK the only difference is between the monthly price and the annual price.

Near the end of year-one Verizon will make you a bundling offer which ties either their individual or family cell, PCD, PDA plans to your OnStar at a discount.

If you've got a cell renewal coming up, you might call Verizon and see what they can do.

Verizon-corporate plans can't be bundled into a personal OnStar deal since the corporate service is on a different sales channel.

-- pj

Reply to
pj