GM part number needed

I'm looking for the GM part number for the little white plastic clip that holds the door molding strip (same height as door handle) on a 1973 El Camino. I've struck out at several GM dealerships, its too old and they threw their old books away. Does anyone have a Fisher Body Manual for 1973 Chevelle/El Camino or El Camino/Sprint who could look that up please?

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck M.

Can't help with a part number but when I need body clips like that, I go to a body supply store. I used to go to one that had a huge display of clips and attachments on a wall.

Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Mon, Apr 3, 2006, 9:41pm From: snipped-for-privacy@graffiti.net (Chuck=A0M.) I'm looking for the GM part number for the little white plastic clip that holds the door molding strip (same height as door handle) on a 1973 El Camino. I've struck out at several GM dealerships, its too old and they threw their old books away. Does anyone have a Fisher Body Manual for 1973 Chevelle/El Camino or El Camino/Sprint who could look that up please? Chuck

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, when you're up to your butt in alligators, it's hard to remember that the intial objective was to drain the swamp." ~ Unknown ~

Reply to
Rich B

The Autoparts stores, like autozone and napa usually have a rack that have nothing but door panel clips on them, they usually come like 6 in a pack.

Reply to
Adam

They call it the "HELP" display pegboard. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

AZ, Advance and similar auto stores may carry some clips and other parts but if you want to find really hard to tocate parts then you have to consider "real" auto parts sources like specialty suppliers. You could also check with an independent body shop (make sure it's one with a good reputation); I've gotten small parts from some of them and then later took business to them. You can check the "HELP" section but it's doubtful that you'll find it because most stores usually only stock the most popular parts.

Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Tue, Apr 4, 2006, 7:06am From: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Adam)