GM Protection Plan Basic Guard Coverage

My 2002 Chevy Monte Carlo has 6, 000 miles to go on manufacturers warranty.
I'm thinking of purchasing an extended warranty
GM Protection Plan - Basic Guard coverage -
the information site at gives pretty
good info, but leaves the pricing to the sales reps at the local
dealer. It's just not a good idea to enter negotiations without
complete knowledge of what you are negotiating.
Is there anyway to find out pricing online..... Also what is the
experience of extended warranty coverage as it applies to
problems such as piston slap, lower intake manifold gasket failure,
and dex-cool problems.
Thanks !!!