GM raising cash, sell off

Looks like after last quarters loss GM is raising cash by selling off some Euro assets.
Makes me wonder what happened to Magna's $1.6 billion GM owed it before
bankruptcy? Did Obama pay them to avoid Canadian bankruptcy filings on GM Canada? My guess is Americans now know where a small portion of their tax dollars went.
GM European unit Opel to go to Magna, Sberbank consortium