GM Recall Announced Yesterday: 1997 Buick LeSabre On List ?

Hello:
Might anyone know if the GM recall mentioned yesterday includes the Buick LeSabre for the 1997 model year ?
Also, any '97 LeSabre recalls for the past few years thatIi may have missed
getting a card from GM about ?
Thanks, Bob
Robert,
The Lesabre is not listed. It's the Regal. You can find an article about this at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/a11385-2004Jan12.html .
GMdude
Heard something on TV last night about a GM recall for 800,000 + cars. I think it was for power steering problems. Models mentioned were Lumina, Regal, Cutlass & Grand Prix. I think they said the recall went as far back as 1997.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,068 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Yup! and mine is one of them. Gotta wonder though as I have not had any problems. Mine is one of those 55,000 Canadian made Regals they described. I wonder what this "fix" is going to entail. I hate it when other people mess with my car. I can never tell if they are going to screw it up. Last time someone else (the dealership) messed with it, I drove the mechanic crazy by asking exactly what was done and to what... etc. You get the picture. I guess I'm kind of protective. I got ripped of once when I was a bit more ignorant and have made it a point to learn all I can about my car. Even change my own plugs...pretty good for a girl. Liz

about
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/a11385-2004Jan12.html
"Liz" wrote

You can't say that anymore....I've worked with two female techs recently...and there are more out there. They can be quite good...certainly every bit as good as men.
Ian
to clear any confusion Yesterday, GM said it was recalling the 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue; the 1997 and 1998 Malibu, Monte Carlo, Oldsmobile Cutlass and Chevrolet Lumina; the 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme; and the 1996 Buick Regal. Some 1997 and 1998 Buick Regal and 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix and Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme cars also are being recalled, the company said in a news release.
All told, GM is recalling 750,000 cars in the United States, 55,000 in Canada, 6,800 in Mexico and 12,200 in other countries, company spokesman Jim Schell said. The cars were manufactured between Jan. 1, 1996, and Oct. 31, 1997.
> Hello: > > Might anyone know if the GM recall mentioned yesterday includes the Buick > LeSabre for > the 1997 model year ? > > Also, any '97 LeSabre recalls for the past few years thatIi may have missed > getting a card from GM about ? > > Thanks, > Bob >
For what? GW