GM's July Sales Looking "Weak"

http://www.wilx.com/reinventinggm/headlines/50808207.html

Big deal. Do you stay up late at night looking for this stuff? Why don't you start yourself your own newsgroup to post your fixations to?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net

That's is pretty much that all the cars companies think. If you can not average 500 cars a month, you can't make a profit, what good is your dealership?
Of course nobody would expect you to know that, you know nothing about the car business LOL

I don't know much about the car business, but I do know that many dealers have been able to turn a profit and stay in business for decades selling far fewer cars. I'd guess that of the five dealers in our town, two may sell five hundred cars a year, but the others come nowhere near that. Our Caddy/GMC dealer has been around since 1936 selling cars and supporting a bunch of employees. The Chevy dealer has been here for 30 years with the present ownership and decades before that too.
Where I live the three GM and two, of the three Chrysler family owed dealerships, went out of business over the past two years. There are only tow left, the F-LM dealership and the Jeep/Honda dealer who took on Chrysler/Dodge. The only one that is growing however is the F-LM dealership.
You are correct family dealers, with one of two brands, that have been in business for many years can STAY in business selling fewer cars. However the reason is they own the store and probably their used inventory as well.
That is not the case with the multi-franchised stores today, that were build over the past ten years or so, that have a huge mortgage, new and used car floor plans and 100 or more employees.
The company where I was Group Sales Manager had 26 multi-franchised dealerships in six eastern states that sold just about every brand you can name. The largest had 14 stores in its complex. If those individual high volume brand dealerships did not do a least 250 cars a week and move 1/3 of the used inventory they were loosing money.

I'll bet he caught a GM salesman with his wife, again LOL

Canuck57 wrote:

prepping for another "temporary" bailout "loan". AKA "Gotta have MORE of that bailout heroin"!
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Doubtful GM will stop until someone has the balls to put them out of their misery. Latest has a dimwitt congressional or senate bill is to get the cut dealers back onto the GM dealer list, at taxpayers expense of course.
More taxpayer blood letting.
But, but, but you kept telling us GM was going bankrupt in June and be liquidated by now. Are you now finally admitting you have been wrong all this time? LOL

But, but, but you kept telling us GM was going bankrupt in June and be liquidated by now. Why hot just admit you were wrong then and you will most likely be wrong again? LOL